TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I believe you do!

1 Like

My daughters major changed last week to her second major and today she got 6 tabs. She got accepted as her second major.

8 Likes

If it’s through ETAM you would. A relative of mine got one for Galveston through ETAM.

Thank you for your insights. I have been following along and learning a ton. This is my first post but I’m at the end of my patience. My son’s AIS shows “waitlist and considered for team” and still has change of major button. The funny thing is he still shows Mays business as 1st choice and Sports Management as 2nd. What gives? label me confused…

Your son is in the same situation as my daughter.

AIS shows “waitlist and considered for Team” and still has change of major button. She still shows Psych as first choice and Ag Sciences as 2nd choice. In Howdy, she still has only 3 tabs, and the change major button is also still on her application page there.

I am trying to just be patient, hoping it is good news!

1 Like

The rolling admissions seem so complicated- He applied the first day you could in August (as a review admit.) I assume the Business as 1st choice was a mistake on our part but live an learn as he is our first college kid. He has an application for Galveston but we wanted to run through the options in CS first. Galveston is due soon though and the tension is building…

@ksm2025 what are your sons stats-rank/gpa, SAT/ACT? He’s already applied/been accepted at Galveston, or hasn’t even submitted application yet?
Has he applied to any other schools?

He is a top 25% kid at competitive Katy school with all the usual bells and whistles in 4yr sports, job, volunteering, leadership etc. 1320 sat (submitted). He has not fully applied to Galveston(needs to send transcripts). I just feel for these kids as we have so many that on paper look alike. He has been Aggie indoctrinated since he was born so there isn’t a real second place. Texas Tech accepted last fall. Just too far out there. We really liked the campus.

@ksm2025 I feel ya! My daughter is top 12%, graduating with an IB Diploma, over 250 volunteer hours, has worked for 3 years, multiple extra curricular and leadership programs/awards. There aren’t any other colleges she really wants, so if we don’t get Team or full admit, I’m not sure where she will go. Either SHSU or Blinn, I suppose… Crossing fingers for you and us, both!

Well we finally got a response and PSA it is :sob:. I’m needing some advice whether to file an appeal or not. I saw one of the system schools offered is Texas A&M International. My sons high school is located inside TAMIU and he has completed 62 hours with a 3.5 GPA at the university ( meaning he actually went to tamiu classes at the university along with regular college students). I reviewed the PSA class requirements for his major and out of that list of classes he’s completed 34 hours all of them being As with one B.
In other words if he takes the PSA offer hell be taking the exact same classes at the exact same university and chances are with the same instructors.
Do you think this is grounds for an appeal ?

1 Like

@ksm2025 good SAT! I think I would definitely submit Galveston app, to be safe. Didn’t know any schools were accepting applications this late. I hear only great things about that campus. Tech Business school is great, too! I wouldn’t worry about distance.

@aggal98 & @ksm2025 both your kids sound amazing. Problem is, there are literally thousands who applied with higher stats & scores, more volunteer hours/leadership positions/extra curricular/AP & DC, etc. That’s the bad thing about only wanting 1 school…if your kid doesn’t have the auto scores to get in, you may be out of luck.
(state of) Texas has some seriously smart & outstanding students, and gaining admission to UT and A&M gets tougher and tougher every year.

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t3: Wait List works in their favor!

1 Like

I honestly think he has a spot secured in TEAM, but admissions is trying to get him full admission. If not, he at least would have a spot on TEAM. Fingers crossed for you!

1 Like

Did your son send all of that information to TAMU when he applied?

Not his TAMIU transcript. He did the Self Report and listed the classes as dual credit

Galveston shows a 5/1 deadline on our AIS. Yes there are many really talented and smart kids in TX. The large population and the development of the top suburban schools is producing countless well qualified college applicants. That’s why we looked around at schools. We think the education he received in HS will serve him well wherever he ends up. We visited/toured a dozen schools( mostly SEC) and it was always TAMU for him. Best of luck to all on decisions and the wait!! :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’d reach out to an academic advisor ASAP

Hi confused. It is confusing for sure. I don’t know if he’ll get Mays but it sounds like he’ll get full admit to sports mgmt. team will be worse case.

Hang in there!!

I wouldn’t apply to Galveston yet. He’ll get in so you can wait. No reason to muddy the waters on howdy and cstat Tamu.

Normally I cringe when people ask about appeals. But I think you have a valid reason. Contact them ASAP.

2 Likes

Thank u for your response. He emailed the regional advisor. Hopefully all goes well.

3 Likes