TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

We got PSA today, as well. Then when we clicked the “next steps” button, we have been considered for PSA and had to choose which campuses we would like. Which is another waiting process to see if we even get the PSA campus we want. What a crock!!!

So I don’t see her genetics major as a major for psa so she’s not eligible? I am really confused.

@Hmilstead did you look at all the PSA campuses for Genetics? If it isn’t offered anywhere, then she would need to change majors. PSA is very clear that you can’t start one major at a PSA campus then change majors once you get to College Station.
It is a shame y’all registered so late, I think that’s what hurt your chances the most.

It is there - look under this category - Participating Colleges/Departments at Texas A&M University

College of Agricultural and Life Sciences

But genetics is not. It stopped with the current year

Thank you that means a lot, I would be a 3rd generation Aggie and I’ve always dreamt of being apart of the special family they supply. I applied to other schools and was accepted there but at the end of the day there’s no other place I would want to be than A&M.

2 Likes

OH dang! I was hopeful

1 Like

Here’s the info on tamu admissions website:

Texas A&M University Blinn Team Program is a collaborative admission program between Texas A&M University and Blinn College. Students are co-enrolled at both institutions. Due to coursework limitations, students with more than 40 hours of college credit are not eligible to participate in TEAM.

1 Like

Thank you so much, since A&M has always been my dream school, I’m thinking about attending Blinn for a year and transfer. Hoping that maybe during summer i will get blinn team if people start declining.

2 Likes

Her best bet would probably be to go straight transfer vs. psa route. Here’s the transfer courses she’ll need:

They are very particular on having all required courses complete before applying.

I’m very appreciative that you have shared your knowledge with us all this year. I know you have stated several times that waitlist students would get full admit or TEAM. I looked back a couple of weeks ago to the 2024 forum, and there were a few waitlisted students that got PSA. It is very disappointing that it has ended this way.

4 Likes

How many credits does she have (don’t include AP credits, but tell me separately how many of those she has).

@gracesebesta my heart truly hurts for you. I get it…my student is a 3rd generation Aggie.
I know you aren’t supposed to appeal unless there was an error with your application (something like that), but I would demand some answers-what exactly caused you from getting acceptance? The kids from our high school & district that go into Ag Leadership have FAR from your stats & leadership, like not even close. Something just isn’t adding up. If I were your parent, I’d be livid.

1 Like

Here are my son’s stats and timeline for future readers.

Applied 9/8
GPA 3.78 unweighted on 4.0 scale
Homeschooled and placed in top 25% by TAMU
SAT 1320
27 Dual credit hours with a 4.0 (12 at time of application)
Tons of volunteer hours
2 Presidential Volunteer Service Awards
Attended HOBY Leadership
Student Council at large homeschool co-op 4 years, VP Jr year, President Sr
Played sports freshman year
Waitlisted 1/18
PSA-4/9

I agree with @52ag82 You’re already at a No… why not appeal with your stats? It’s like something got missed.

3 Likes

What major did he apply to? And the stats are good. Again, not sure why these waitlist students are getting PSA.

Are you meaning dual enrollment?

Yes, is there any dual credit or just AP?

Wildlife and Fisheries Science, which is not offered at very many schools

Some takeaways that I think will help the next set of kiddos going through this process.

1. Apply early if possible, then don’t stress out about it.
  2. Do whatever you have to in order to take the ACT/SAT even if they say its test optional next year.
  3. Be prepared for your backup plan. Ask yourself if your ultimate goal is to get an education or to be an Aggie.
  4. Learn if your high school is truly a competitive high school. Don’t take your counselor’s word for it. What does USNEWS and World Report say? What do the top 10 percent of the kids of your high school go on to do? I say this as someone who saw so many of you say you went to a competitive high school and were ranked in the top quarter of your class. A&M pays attention to this, so if you know how THEY view it, it might help set your expectations appropriately.
  5. Know all the caveats about your admission before you get your heart broken…such as IB not being able to do TEAM, or having 60 hours really hurts your admission chances…stuff like that.
  6. When writing your essay, write it and show how you fit into TAMU. Have a teacher or tech writer review it.
7 Likes