TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Anyone else still on waitlist/consideration for blinn? Change of major button still there.

So sorry to everyone with PSA. Really feel like you guys deserved full admission!

2 Likes

I know it is water under the bridge but I just wonder if we would have selected TEAM only if we would have been given that instead of being put on the waitlist also…

@shannon0875 since A&M is a state school, positive they can’t discriminate admission, based on financial needs.

1 Like

@gracesebesta assume you’ve seen this link?
I’m going to dig around to see what else I can find to help.
https://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/Appeals

1 Like

My son is in IB also. It’s a waste of time if the goal is to get into UT Austin or A&M where ranking is the only thing that matters. Going to less competitive ISDs is the way to go.

They told us IB teach your kids to be ready for college. We’ll have to see on that but that seems to hold true for my daughter so far. So there is benefit there but not for getting acceptance to In states school.

3 Likes

Whoa. Hold on a second. If you got 6 tabs then there’s no way you got PSA. Do you still have 6 tabs? Like this is absolutely unheard of. So confused. And if you still have 6 tabs and it says psa, please let us know what tabs you have.

3 Likes

Wow, thank you so much. I appreciate you helping me out!

1 Like

It has the transfer link. Everythings was flying in at the same time lol. I missed some posts too.

Now it is only three tabs, just like before. It was six yesterday and today until about 2 pm when AIS changed to PSA (had been waitlist since Jan with three tabs and then shifted to in review with six tabs yesterday) when it reverted to three.

Oh wow I’m so sorry. That was quite the roller coaster. I haven’t heard of anyone getting 6 and it going back to 3. Like ever. 5 plus years.

What’s plan B?

1 Like

CAP via UTSA. Everything is already set up with that. Disappointed for sure, but there’s a way forward. Passed on SMU and Baylor for financial reasons. Also declined Arkansas, UTA, and regular UTSA in favor of CAP program.

Ooh I remember you saying that. Sorry. I can’t keep everyone straight today. So many.

And my nephew got capped and did UTSA and fell in love with it. Never left. Engineering. Highly sought after, after he graduated.

My thoughts as well. Someone on Reddit said if you agree to waitlist, that is your choice (selection).

That is horrible. I am so sorry …!
Also distracted by your name. Are you a triple 7 pilot?

I didn’t even consider the gap year kids. (sigh)

ha ha. No. That is my rescue dog’s name. We call her Mitzi. lol.

Giggling because I was asking skygirlb777

@gracesebesta I’m still searching for some links. I did run across this, found on A&M website. You could point out their website says decisions for Fall by late March, but you didn’t find out until April 9. Every little bit helps…

1 Like

It happened last year to several of us. We had 6 tabs, 2 days later back to 3. My son eventually went back to 6 a week later and was accepted full admission but several others got PSA. It was an emotional roller coaster.