TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Noted. Thank you so much for your input and will also keep you updated as well. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

When you apply to blinn… you’ll pick between 2 campuses in Bryan. Bryan and Rellis. Rellis campus is super new and shiny. Bryan is older and has a high school vibe. Both are easy to get to. Rellis might appear farther, but it’s not. My son works for TTI which is on rellis campus. He said the distance is the same from his house to Bryan campus for drive time.

Check out the campus for rellis! And don’t worry about getting classes. It doesn’t fill up like Tamu does.

I disagree with you. My son is barely 25% very competitive school
SAT 1290
3.45 unweighted
About 30 hours between AP and duel credit
4 years band in HS
Eagle Scout

He’s well rounded but not the tippy top. I feel like the the upper middle did very well on admissions this year. He applied on day one with a killer essay and several teacher and Aggie recommendation letters. I feel like A&M really looked at kids this year and had rolling admissions. In the past two years he would have been given PSA ( my daughter was and had similar stats in 2019).
I feel bad for those with better stats, but grateful for the opportunity my son will have for being a hard worker, loyal and dedicated.

@AggieMomhelp Mays accepts students in Summer and Fall. Do you know if it is 100 admitted for both terms? Would Summer applications have less competition?

100 total for the year (summer fall). And only 100 for change of major (internal transfer). So basically the school increases by 200 each year.

I would think summer would be best to apply since fewer applicants and you find out before fall admissions.

If you want to chat about best way to position your student, let me know. Happy to help.

Let me see what he really wants. His second choice was Economics but he is sounding like he really doesn’t want that. He had wanted MIS in Mays, so I am going to ask him about Technology Management. Do you have any thoughts on Technology Management? I like that the degree plan includes an internship.

To apply for Mays, he would have to take ACCT 229 over the summer so he could take ACCT 230 in the Fall. He has 29 DC hours with a 3.85 gpa. He will have to make all A’s in the remaining required coursework to be competitive.

That degree is amazing!! And he basically takes all the basic business courses for non business majors. One in mktg, finc, istm, acct, mgmt. he could even do a minor in business (might actually be built into this major). I’d have to look closer and not on my phone.

I sent you a direct message so we can talk talk or you want.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, question here. I know this cycle has been extremely unpredictable but since I’m still on waitlist and being considered for TEAM, do you think they are still giving out spots or mostly done at this point after giving out some spots last week? Stressing myself out a bit

I really wish I knew.

I know this doesn’t help, but try to focus on what you know and not on what you don’t know. You know you still have a chance at full admit or team. Hold on to that until more news comes. Then, regardless of decision, move forward.

Hang in there!

1 Like

@isabelcruz a parent on Aggie Parent FB page posted yesterday that her son had just gotten off Wait List & accepted TEAM. She didn’t say major or give any other details.

@AggieMomhelp another parent posted yesterday that her student applied as a transfer-wanted Biology & Chemistry…got offered Psychology. They were stumped.

1 Like

That makes no sense on psychology. The actual department reviews transfer apps so how it went from bio and chem to psych makes no sense at all. There’s definitely something missing in the communication from the parent. Let me know if you get more details!!! Now I’m curious lol

2 Likes

@AggieMomhelp the mom was asking for help, everyone is stumped! It is definitely crazy. They’re contacting admissions tomorrow.

Thank you both for ur help! I’ll update everyone if I receive any changes. at this point, just gonna make the best of what i get :))

2 Likes

Regarding the person that applied for bio and chem and got psych, I thought it was a freshman app that saw in their acceptance letter that they were accepted into psych? Now I cant find the post!

@Eggscapgoats they were a transfer student, transferring from TX State, specifically because TX State wouldn’t let the student take enough anatomy & physiology labs-as a PreMed student. Student wants to go to Med School, TX State was only allowing Nursing students the labs.
It wasn’t on newer Aggie Parents, but Pat’s more established page. The student was admitted to Psychology in Liberal Arts.

1 Like

LOL. So many Aggie Parents pages that we are all a part of. The Aggie Parents of 2025 page is good, as well.

I will say I’m a bit shocked at the amount of helicopter parents there are in those groups. I do a lot of eyerolling at some of those posts

2 Likes

@AtxAg95 there was a fantastic post this weekend, on Aggie Parents, by an incoming freshman parent-Lisa-asking for tips from upperclassman parents. It was solid, no :helicopter: parenting comments.
Yes, WAY too many coddling, hand holding parents…don’t be ‘that’ parent.

@AtxAg95 Something that has always surprised me the past decade(+) in working with my own kid’s transition into college is how so many families are uninformed. But as I get a little older, a little more compassionate, I’m realizing that this is the norm. The system, high school included, has gotten so complex that the average new student/family is playing information-catch-up every single day

Not excusing heli-parent, just sorta expanding the conversation. Heli-parenting is the worst.

I work in an area and for a company with 95% minority and hourly workers. Small-ish executive team with mass laborers. I can tell you from experience that most of these families have no shot in hell to keep up with technology and influx of new information. I’ve tried very hard to reach out to the families in my company as their children reach Freshman or Sophomore year in high school. We actually have little meetings and try to setup some plan for the kid(s). If I can get one out of ten to attend a trade school or local community college then that’s my reward. Maybe every two or three years there will be one that makes it into a 4-year school. Makes me smile.

3 Likes

Somehow I missed that post. I just went back and read it… great information! I will admit, that I do tend to be “that parent”. However, I realize it and actively try to stop myself from being the :helicopter: parent. Luckily, my husband is the total opposite of me tends to keep be grounded!

1 Like