TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@Ladadof3 , in thinking about this more, the other thing to examine if they have a 3.5 or better, is did they meet all the requirements such as 2 math, 2 science, 2 engineering, etc. as laid out by the ETAM requirements. Also, the automatic entry is only for the 1st attempt at ETAM; so if they had a 3.4 and didn’t get their first choice major and decided to try again at the next round of ETAM with a 3.5, the auto entry did not apply.

@Popyhead My daughter is 2nd quarter- applied 8/1, was accepted as a Communicatons major on 10/28

@Mommmm430 DS could not change his SRAR once it was submitted, but when we noticed an error with his rank (could of been his typo or ??), a message was sent in AIS under communications and the problem was fixed and they mentioned that they looked at his transcript to verify. Was your daughter able to review her SRAR? If her rank shows properly on there, it doesn’t hurt to send a message in AIS asking why she’s not 1Q. Mistakes happen and they are super responsive, at least in our experience. Hope this helps.

@Ladadof3 No, haven’t heard of this on fb parents of engineering students and thats where it has been discussed quite a bit in the past. Maybe it has something to do with kids choosing pass/fail for math/science/eng classes in which they were not going to get an A? The implications on ETAM of choosing pass/fail was confusing to me last winter but my son interpreted it to mean choosing P/F would be detrimental to ETAM.

Actually, I imagine there was a higher than usual amount of students => 3.5 gpa last semester by using p/f.

Anyone have recommendations on best way to look for a roommate? Social media groups or TAMU’s matching/potluck?

@lovescs congrats to your son! We are anxiously waiting. Mays Business Honors is all he really wants. What were your son’s stats?

@ChillyCow. I don’t have large numbers of examples, but it was presented in the context of say ME had an unusually large graduating class and so the faculty would fill that first. Certainly hope Im wrong. Something to clarify for sure.

@EngMom21 Thanks for sharing your experience. My son sounds similar. We think he will get more financial aid from UTD as well. We plan to visit sometime soon but from what we have seen via the virtual sessions, I’m impressed.

Son just found out he got into Texas A&M today! He is OOS 3.5 GPA and 1340 SAT. Still waiting on some other schools before he makes a decision! Good luck everyone!

Late on posting, daughter found out that she was admitted on 10/28

Out of state (Virginia)
Applied test-optional
Applied August 1
4.0 UW GPA/ 4.27 W
7AP classes
Ranked Top 10% per TAMU ranking: 21/329
NHS, Leadership Club, Student to Student Club
3 sport Varsity athlete all 4 years
Applied to the College of Ag/Sciences: Forensics, Science Track

Submitted housing deposit and signed up for NSC the next day, has never wanted to be anything but an Aggie so there were no decisions to make as far as she was concerned (even though she is turning down an 80k scholarship to Baylor which we are trying really hard to support).

We submitted the housing deposit but she wants to live in an off-campus apartment in a 1 bedroom. We are trying to encourage her to stay on campus for the first year to meet people. She isn’t an introvert and is actually social once she gets comfortable, but she says that she wants to be able to study in peace in her own place without worrying about roommates and is terrified that she will end up with a roommate that she doesn’t get along with. If there are any parents that have students that have lived alone at college, any advice is appreciated. Not sure how I feel about her living alone off-campus, especially not really knowing much about the best/safest places to live.

Other parents/students that are waiting; I know its torture, I was irritated because I was seeing all the others being admitted since September and she had a few meltdowns, however, I vowed to stop looking at this forum every day and only check Howdy twice per week, and then those coveted tabs appeared and all was well in her world. Don’t lose the faith (I know, easy for me to say now), it actually took some of the fun out of the anticipation because we were so obsessed with looking for 6 tabs.

1 Like

@hope4tamu Congrats to your daughter. I know how badly she wanted TAMU! I am excited for her!!!

Could anyone help me with trying to figure out the economics to Mays pathway? I applied first choice Mays but if I don’t get in would it be a good choice to have my second choice as economics other than let’s say statistics?

@creekster519 I am assuming your son is interested in engineering? You mentioned scholarship money at UTD…Have you considered UTA? They have an excellent engineering program andit is the largest in North Texas and their scholarships are amazing…one of my sons is a junior there and loves it and is real involved on campus. Just something to consider if you are looking at other options beside TAMU.

@hope4tamu Have y’all thought about a single room in a dorm? She will have a room to herself, but still be able to participate in on-campus social life.

My son (class of 2022) did the route. Feel free to message me and I can give you pointers! It was a smooth transition and he has completed enough Econ already to have his minor in it.

Oh great! Do you know what all the advantages would be? I know that as a Mays student you take some business basics along with your normal basics, does economics take some of those same classes to put me on track?

My son is an auto admit and is still in Engineering Review. He did receive a letter that said “you will be offered one of the following enrollment options…” and listed College Station, Galveston, McAllen, and Blinn. He has been accepted to his major Aerospace Engineering and the Honors College at Oklahoma State and recently participated in virtual Scholars Day that really opened his eyes to the opportunities there. He has applied to UT Austin as well. We have paid our housing application fee at two colleges! This waiting game is so hard!!

Congrats to your daughter, and thanks for the words of encouragement! We are continuing to wait patiently (or not, I guess :slight_smile: ). I agree that this process certainly does zap some of the fun out of the wait. I remember (back in the dark ages) when I was waiting on my acceptance, I mailed my application packet, called to make sure they had everything, and just waited. As I recall, I knew I wouldn’t hear anything for months, so I could sit back and enjoy that time. I remember checking the mailbox religiously during the month that acceptance letters were mailed, but that was it. The stress was more contained. This process is just a stress-a-palooza! :slight_smile:

Actually, we’ve put some boundaries on this and she’s only checking Howdy once per week. As the weeks have gone by, she’s less inclined to do this, getting more discouraged, and just doesn’t want to look. As her Mom, I wish I could do the checking for her, but that’s not how this works, is it?

Anyway, thanks to you and everyone else for the encouragement. Hopefully, sometime in the future I’ll be able to post a big, fat ‘nevermind-we-were-worried-for-nothing’ post!

@95Aghopes425 I noticed you might not have received a reply to your question. I asked it too several weeks ago and this is the response I received from a seasoned member. Hope it helps!

Thanks for the info! It helps so much knowing a timeline. Why do they tell us that we might not hear anything until next year, I wonder?