TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

We checked Howdy portal on nov 24 th morning and all her information was updated but AIS was not updated to state that she is accepted. We checked in the afternoon and she was admitted. It took 5 weeks from her submission to acceptance. Not an auto admit.

2 Likes

@Summer78 Congrats!! Did she have an SAT score? and What was her major?

Environmental studies in college of Geosciences. Act 30. 26th percentile class rank but numerous awards and work experience in environmental labs. Good luck.

In state son applied in late October. Business first choice. Econ second choice. Review admit. Admitted 11/25 to Econ. Class rank 26% at extremely competitive high school and magnet program. 1340 SAT. A&M put in 1Q. SAT scores submitted one week before acceptance. Strong extracurriculars. Science fair state champion. Eagle Scout. Numerous startup businesses and other community activities.

1 Like

Did any homeschool applicants submit the Uniform Admissions document? They have ranked my son in the 1Q without it, but he met all of the requirements for top 10% uniform admissions. I noticed that TTU accepts this form from homeschooled students but the way I read TAMU application is that they do not. I’m just wondering if it would help at all to have that submitted to confirm he met all the requirements.
Thanks.

Just a “heads up”. I just got on the A&M Convention Hotel website and was able to book a room during my son’s NSC next summer for $146.30 a night using there Black Friday sale. It was close to $300 a month ago when I looked. I also have the George reserved for the same price… not sure which to go with. I am really bad with decisions!

We did not submit the Uniform Admissions. My daughter was ranked 1Q by TAMU and heard back in 2 1/2 weeks.

@tmclanton That’s a great price! I saw $300 a month ago also so decided to book Calvary Court, but we have since decided to stay at White Creek apts. Pretty good chance DS will be staying in White Creek in the fall so wanted to check it out.

did you son get into business or econ?

manutebol’s son got into economics. It is my understanding that Mays Business is now full. If you put business as your first choice, you will possibly get your second choice if admitted.

I was reading about differences between TAMU & UT. A couple of times, posters made references to a “typical” TAMU student being different from a student at UT.

One person said their child would be more comfortable at UT because s/he wasn’t a typical TAMU student; another said her child was not a typical TAMU student, but still loved the experience at TAMU.

Can someone please explain to me what it means to be a “typical” TAMU student? Unbiased feedback would be appreciated! : )

Awesome thank you for your response! Do you know if the school of Liberal Arts still has a high availability? I put Mays as my first option, and Econ as my second and really crossing my fingers to get in!

Thanks for the info. I never thought of the political climate of the student body. Guess that shows this is my first child going to college! : )

I do often assume that college professors (in general) teach from a liberal viewpoint. That is just what I remember from my long ago college days and hearing some other parents talk. Is that not the case at TAMU?

Generally speaking, I think you’re right about profs.

My daughter applied in October (October 5). She is 62/617 class rank with unweighted gpa of 3.9/4 in a competitive district. AP Calc, AP Physics, Dual Enrollment English, Dual Government, dual History. 1250 SAT. Applied as Civ Engineering.

Sports all 4 years and worked the last 2

I’m seeing where everyone is hearing back already and we’re still waiting. Should I start preparing her for going someplace else. She immediately heard back from Texas Tech and while she’ll be okay, she’s really hoping for TAMU. I’m starting to worry that she may not get in, she’s worked so hard and I’ve been confident until now that she would get in. You all have any thoughts? Should I start the prep of going to Tech instead?

I see that the early action engineering deadline was October 15 and the regular decision deadline is today. Have you contacted admissions to ask when to expect an EA engineering response? Of course, the less competitive the university the faster they usually respond by looking at just rank and scores (auto admit for first quarter and 1180 SAT). Wait for your A&M decision unless you feel like TT dorm spots will fill up.

My nephew applied for A&M engineering before Oct 15 and had 1310 SAT. Not sure where he was ranked but not top 10%. He has heard from other non-top 150 schools but none in the top 100.

Today is the LAST day for admissions. They have to hold spots for top 10 percenters. I think we have to be patient. If you go look at last years thread, the first two week in December is where things really heated up.

It sucks waiting. The kiddo went ahead and took the SAT again and had a huge increase from her test in March. I was told by our admissions counselor that it will be factored into her admission simply because it looks like she’s trying hard to get in.

Hang in there, y’all!

Thanks and Gig’Em

1 Like

I read somewhere that TAMU has extended their deadline to Dec 15. UT Austin has also extended their deadline to Dec 15. I am guessing that application numbers to both schools are down. By extending the deadline, TAMU and UT are hoping for more applicants.

I have read that overall that the number of applicants on the common app is down 4% compared to this time last year.

Any Viz applicants hear back?

They didn’t extend admissions. They extended when documentation could be turned in.

• The Fall Early Action Deadline for Engineering majors only is October 15.
  • The application deadline for Fall is December 1. All other required documents will be accepted through December 15.
  • Spring application dates differ for incoming International Freshman.
  • If the deadline falls on a weekend, the application will remain open until 11:59 pm (Central Standard Time) on the following Monday. This does not apply to the Early Action Deadline for engineering. Additional required documents will be accepted until 5:00 pm (Central Standard Time) on that Monday.