TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hi @txstar! I have actually been wondering the same thing. We are also still waiting to hear back but noticed my Ds 1st choice major changed from Interdisciplinary Studies to Education before Thanksgiving. @AggieMomhelp Do you by chance have any insight on what this means if anything? :slight_smile:

@austintx2022 & @txstar So in the past, any movement from your first choice to your second choice means you are definitely being reviewed at the moment. It also means your first choice major is full so they went to your 2nd choice. Keep in mind, the actual department never sees your application. It is all done in Admissions office, even for Engineering review. As for education filling up fast, it’s way too early for Ed. to be full.

@foodlover3459 deep breath! It does not mean you’ve been rejected. It means they have not fully reviewed your app. yet. You go through 2 whole review processes before a decision is made. From what we are being told, Mays is full already, which is typical. Usually full in October. There are other ways to get to Mays. Takes 30 credits at TAMU completed and certain courses completed before you can apply to change major. So whatever your second choice major is, run your degree plan for the first year to incorporate both majors so that you don’t lose any credits and it positions you well to apply. My son applied after 3 semesters at TAMU. He was econ major so we aligned his coursework to go for both. He now finished his minor in econ (since he was a class short for it). He applied on Jan. 2nd and found out Jan. 3rd. It’s a quick process lol. Happy to answer any questions on this when the time comes!

@GeorgiaTX You’re welcome. Going straight Blinn- Not Blinn Team(if that ends up being the only option left), is done by SO MANY! It’s very doable and they end up having a dual experience anyway if they have friends at TAMU.

@AggieMomhelp Thank you so much for your reply!! Her AIS actually didn’t change from 1st major choice to 2nd choice. Education was always the first choice but it changed from the specific major being listed as “Interdisciplinary Studies” in the college of Education & Human Development and now says “education” in place of “Interdisciplinary studies” but still lists the college the same way. So I didn’t know if you have seen that before? :slight_smile:

Same here! It didn’t switch to her 2nd choice but just changed the name of her first choice major.

So if first and second majors are full or don’t work: what do you mean by option? Another TAMU major or Blinn, PSA, etc.?

@friscoparent If you are accepted to tamu and majors are full , they will ask you if you want to select another major. I’ve also seen them give the option to do Blinn Team/Academy if the student is hell bent on their original major.

@txstar and @ austintx2022 I’m so sorry. I totally read that as international studies. I don’t think I’ve seen the specific area of a major being switched to the generic major. What’s their second choice major? Just curious. And I will say, usually when a major changes to the 2nd it means you’re about to be accepted, so was concerned when one of you said it was before Turkey day and still nothing. This makes a little more sense. But sorry I don’t have any insight on this scenario.

My Ds second choice is Communications.! @txstar is the only other person I have come across with the same scenario.

@txstar Just curious…when did your D submit her application?

Is Engineering full? I know some auto admits and a few review admits who have been admitted to engineering but mine is still in review and I applied in September. I am a review admit.

@User22322 nope! Not full and many options like Galveston and Blinn academy for engineers in. Case it does fill up. Hang in there.

I was told May is “full” but Engineering is not.

She submitted hers on September 30th.

I have just learned of the gateway program from a friend…is this something a&m offers or would I have to sign up? If I have an apartment would I be allowed to stay in that instead of the dorms for the 5 weeks in the summer? If y’all have any advice or pointers about the gateway program I would love to hear them. Thanks!

@morr33 Gateway is applying through the same path as regular freshmen, A&M will pick students to Gateway program. There is no way to apply directly to the Gateway program.

Gateway students will hear news from A&M in June and they will be required to enroll to 2 full courses in summer session II (1.5 months). After getting good grades in those 2 courses the student will enroll in the fall like other freshmen.

There are no guidelines of who A&M will pick to this program, in the past there were some with good ranking and good GPA students went to the program. Some may be due to courses strength issue (e.g. Applying engineering but with no Physics/Calculus in HS even though they have good ranking, or applying Liberal Arts but have only 1 social science in HS transcript.) Gateway is like a quick (1.5 months) test to prove the student can handle the classes. (Consider Blinn team a 1 year longer test).

Gateway students stay at A&M dorm like regular students.

1 Like

Does anyone know by when we will hear back if we got our application in by the Engineering Early Action deadline (10/15)? I can’t find it on their website.

The only thing I found was a small message saying we would find out by mid-December. Haven’t heard anything yet though.

Agree with @KaYoung2025 except if selected for gateway you’ll be notified alongside everyone else if things stay as they have been.

It is an exceptional program and was originally intended towards first gen students that may not have the support system. Gateway will have one course on how to be prepared for college. Like time management. Study prep. On campus resources, etc. and then I think you’ll have 2 more classes based on your degree.

They live in the dorm for the summer only. Then they can live wherever once they successfully complete the summer program. I don’t know the stats but my understanding is high percentage are able to achieve this. Like in the 90 % range.

Hope this helps. Oh a blinn team is a 2 year program. Blinn academy for engineering is 1 year. Many who do team end up transferring earlier as a real transfer student and not through the team process.

Biology is traditional biology.

Biology honors like many other honors you would prefer to get to for some perks (like early registration)

BIMS is similar to pre-med track. It is more focused on health and disease. Competition is tougher in BIMS.

Does anyone know if you can request suitemates in Hullaballoo, in addition to the roommate? I’ve found conflicting information online, and the process is still confusing to me. I know Phases III and IV aren’t until after the new year, but we’re wondering if it’s even a option.

@sapphire33 you cannot request suitemates. However, they pick their rooms so it’s possible to select the suite next to it If still open.

And room selections won’t be til April or May FYI.