TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My son also applied for Constriction Science major (in August) and has not heard anything.

Well that is a little bit encouraging to me— as my son has not heard either. Fingers crossed and prayers sent up for both your family and mine.

Has TAMU accepted students into the University Honors program, yet?

We have not heard anything. On the Honors Portal, it has never stated that his application was received, unlike his Business Honors application. At first, when I would click the Apply Now link, it would tell me that He had already applied, so I assumed everything was submitted. However, now I am concerned that the Honors Portal has not updated to show the application was received.
What does your child’s show in the honors portal?

Anyone know when or if the liberal arts college has sent out any acceptances??

So if DS changes his second choice how hard is it to get back into the Engineering track later? Currently set as Civil and Aerospace.

My son received an email on January 5 confirming receipt of his honors application. It also contained a reminder that he must apply for housing and select the honors housing community by March 1. The email states that honors notifications will come by March 31.

Good morning everyone. So as I go through this forum, I realize being in second quarter is not working to the student’s advantage. My son has been ranked in second quarter. So we should just give up hopes I guess. He has acceptance from UTD electrical engineering major. His first choice aerospace program is not there at UTD. So if he chooses UTD it’s not going to be the major he wanted to do. Any inputs would be appreciated. The other choice would be OSU where he got acceptance in to aerospace.

My daughter also received the second confirmation email on Jan 5th.

Same for my daughter

UT Arlington has an undergraduate aerospace degree and I believe they have rolling admissions. Maybe he could take a look at his options there?

Thank you so much. He has not applied to Arlington yet. May be will ask him to check it out. TAMU was his first choice. He was hoping they would consider holistically and not just GPA.

Can y’all please post stats? I think it really helps other gauge their chances/situation.

I recommend looking into UTA as well.

1 Like

@sainila Has your son looked into UTA? My son is a junior EE major and absolutely loves the school, classes, etc. It is the largest and most respected of the Engineering schools in North Texas…My son looked at TAMU and UT but felt like the scholarships UTA offered were too good to pass up, along with the size of the engineering school. Just something to consider :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. Will ask him to check UTA

Oh that’s nice to know. Thank you. Will let him know.

1 Like

@sainila I guess @Momof3B and I were typing about UTA at the same time! If your son wishes to talk with my son, you are welcome to message me. He is good at meeting up with new freshmen and is very welcoming/helpful to them!

1 Like

Oh that’s very kind of you. Sure will let him know. Appreciate it.

1 Like

@sainila One last plug, the application process is super easy…they do not require an essay and they are quick to send out acceptance letters. My senior had considered UTA and was leaning toward it, but the physic dept at TAMU is really strong and their presentation at Aggieland Saturday was very impressive!