TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

looking back on the thread of the 3 categories of admissions that were received for 2021 that @thelma made seemed to have a trend in admission dates. From the info provided it showed that from nov-feb there was one day out of the month in particular that a good amount of decisions went out, hoping we get some here in December soon!

@Thelma2 my bad ^^^^ if anyone wants to access it

When will admissions go on christmas break?

@Cowboydoghouse TAMU changed the login, there was a little note that they were going to change it located at the top of the portal yesterday and earlier today. I do not think it means anything significant. But yes it does look slightly different then it had before. They are updating the portal and linking it to you googlemail if you have it, it’s weird.

I had a chat with an Admissions officer yesterday,he said if your application was completed along with all the documents before 15th October then expect a decision before or around mid December otherwise you probably have to wait till mid january.

@labegg and @Cowboydoghouse I did not notice the login change yesterday but saw the box indicating a change for the login was coming today. It said try it before it goes live or something like that. I suppose the university updated the login which is likely AIS was down yesterday. Oh the things we read into a simple login change!

Sorry for the multiple posts today. In light of @ckmyd234 comment, D had everything turned in prior to 10/15 but LOR came in after. Does that mean we won’t likely hear until Jan?

@helimom3 I think it would be considered filed prior to 10/15 if your app, test scores and transcript were recived. LORs, resumes and such are considered secondary documents and are not “required” to begin a review.

If I had all of the necessary documents in before 10/15, but submitted a second transcript in November in addition to the one that was submitted before 10/15 should I hear soon? Or wait until January?

all of my documents were submitted but i just resent in a better sat score at the end of November. Do you think that will be an advantage since I improved or delay my admission decision since it was after 10/15?

They are working on implementing a new login system too so I expect to see more of those small bursts of maintenance on the site in the next couple months… Probably only last a few hours each time though

Does anyone have an idea on how submitting extra necessary docs to my application after 10/15 will affect a decision coming in December?

I contacted Admissions late last summer with similar questions, because my son was scheduling a test retake. My impression from them and reading between the lines is that getting things in sooner is definitely better. But with applications potentially revisited many times, there probably couldn’t be one hard and fast answer about when materials would be received “too late” after 10/15. The Admissions person I chatted with online certainly didn’t have a pat answer for this issue and simply recommended getting scores and other materials in as soon as possible. There is an appeal process to try if you believe something wasn’t considered. I would say not to worry, simply get materials to them as soon as you can! A more experienced person here may be able to say more. Good luck to all applicants!

Note that I am speaking here of revised scores and optional supporting submittals, not the “main” application materials required to have a “complete” appplication… Hang in there and enjoy each and every day anyway!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL TAMU REVIEW APPLICANTS WHO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED!!

For everyone who is still waiting, try to enjoy the Senior year and not let the waiting stress you too much. And if you (or your child) are a review applicant who is not near the top 25% or near the SAT/ACT scores for Academic admits, please familiarize yourself with the other options: Gateway, Blinn-TEAM etc. There are a lot of people who want to be an Aggie and there just isn’t enough space for everyone.

Of the 42,000 applications for TAMU Freshman Fall 2017, about 27,000 applications were holistically reviewed. Of those reviewed applications, only 3,800 were offered full admission.There were 530 who were offered Gateway. There were 2,400 reviewed applicants who were offered Blinn-TEAM. There were 855 applicants who were offered the Blinn Engineering Academy. That adds up to 7,585 reviewed applicants (out of 27,00 total reviewed applicants) that were offered the opportunity to begin their University experience in College Station. So over 19,000 applicants were offered some other campus or denied admission.

Find the full breakdown of this info for Fall 2017 online at the Counselor Update : http://web-as.tamu.edu/ecardimages/2017/CounselorConnection/updateSPRING.html

My youngest daughter is currently a very happy Freshman on Blinn-TEAM. She had 3.5 unweighted gpa, 53% class rank, one Dual Credit, 1250 SAT/27 ACT. She was initially disappointed to not receive full admission but soon realized that Blinn-TEAM offered her the opportunity to do everything that she wanted to do: She is a student at one of the best Universities in the USA, she has the full Aggieland experience of living in CStat, she went through Greek recruitment and joined a fantastic sorority, she has Sports pass and attends games, she joined a fun TAMU campus group, she has made great friends and will earn her Aggie ring and TAMU diploma. She can’t imagine being happy anywhere else now that she has experienced the Aggie Spirit. And no one in Aggieland cares that she is on Blinn-TEAM.

As one of the Blinn TEAM advisors said at her NSC, they have to admit all of the Top 10% applicants no matter their scores and gpa and no matter whether those students are ready for the rigor of classes at TAMU. But they WANT the students who are offered Blinn-TEAM as those students are selected because they fully expect them to thrive at TAMU. It is a mainly a space issue as there is just not enough space for everyone who wants to be an Aggie.

The only thing that Blinn-TEAM students cannot do is play a college level sport for TAMU. In everything else, they are an Aggie while taking classes at both campuses. They also pay less for their classes at Blinn, and those classes are usually taught by TAMU profs.

There were only about 1,050 Blinn-TEAM students who enrolled for Fall 2017. Less than half of the students who were offered Blinn-TEAM accepted that offer and so the others missed out on the chance to be an Aggie in CStat. I don’t know how many of the full admission or Blinn Engineering Academy applicants accepted their offers. But I think the total TAMU enrollment for Fall 2017 was around 11,000.

Fall 2018 could have even an higher number of applicants. Good luck to all!

@AggieMomAgain I really appreciate this! Thanks for the encouragement and stats. You gave me hope again!

CORRECTION: In my post above, I missed a zero in a sentence near the end of the second full paragraph. It should read:
" That adds up to 7,055 reviewed applicants (out of 27,000 total reviewed applicants) that were offered the opportunity to begin their University experience in College Station".

I originally missed one of the zeros in 27,000. :confused:

@AggieMomAgain My current Aggie Junior was Blinn Team and it was GREAT. Like your daughter, she was disappointed at first but quickly realized what a gift it was. She finished one year on Blinn Team and then transferred to A&M. She will order her FTA Gold in January. She will graduate next May and has had a wonderful experience. My HS senior has been accepted to A&M and couldn’t be more excited. Thrilled to have them both in CSTAT next year!

So has anyone heard of any review candidates receiving admission today? Also, for those who have gone thru the holistic review w another child, do the acceptances seem to come out daily or once a week, etc? (Understanding that it may not be the same this year…)

@supermrs7 there hasn’t seemed to be any sent since 11/21.