Tamu Transfer Spring 2018

Almost mid-September guys! On last year’s spring transfer forum, people were starting to see new tabs pop up on howdy around the 11th. Hopefully we’ll get that too in a few days.

Oh and does anyone know where exactly we can see our first and second choice major on howdy? Apparently, it’s a good sign if you can only see your first choice major on howdy but where exactly would we be able to find that?

@gigggem I believe if, on Howdy, you click on “applicant”, and then manage applications, there is a section called active applications where you should see your major.
I am only seeing my first choice, I hope this is a good sign! On AIS though, I still see my first and second choice major.

@aggiedaughter98 Nice! I’m seeing the same things too on Howdy/AIS

@aggiedaughter98 @gigggem since I applied and my app went into review and got my uin to check my application status howdy has always only showed my first choice major and ais has showed both. I don’t think only seeing your first choose major in howdy is a significant sign I think it’s under ais when you see a major drop when you should be alerted

@Coscitamu Makes sense! Thanks! Has anyone seen a change in the portal?

@Coscitamu Thanks for letting us know, I will now be keeping an eye out for any change of majors on AIS!

I HAVE TABS!

I HAVE TABS!!!

I don’t have tabs yet:( do they do it by major?

@reking42 Congrats! What’s your major?

Communications, 3.5 gpa with 35 transfer credits!

@aggiedaughter98 @ do the tabs show up on your phone as well it only an actuall computer? What tabs are they? And when did you apply?!l

@Coscitamu Yes, I see tabs on both my phone and laptop! The tabs I see on Howdy are “Home, Applicant, My record, My finances, Student Life, and My Howdy”. I applied on August 8 and received my transfer audit report on August 22. My application has been in review since then.

@jordan2333 from what I have read in previous threads, they definitely do it by major. It seems like the College of Liberal Arts finds out first (that’s what my major is), and engineering tend to find out last.

Nice! :slight_smile: When were you guys officially complete and in review? I think that will help the rest of the liberal arts majors figure out when we might hear a response! @aggiedaughter98 @reking42

My application was complete and in review on August 4th, and I received my transfer audit on August 8th.

Congratulations @reking42 and @aggiedaughter98 !!! >:D<

My application was complete and in review on August 21, & I had my transfer audit the next day on August 22!
Thank you so much @DocCope ! I can’t wait for everyone on here to get tabs, so we can then all wait for official acceptance :)) :slight_smile:

I got tabs yesterday, is that a sign of admittance? Like definitely for sure? I asked the admission today and they didn’t answer my question, they just said that when the decision is posted, it will show up on AIS. I’m so nervous, from reading the past thread in this forum, it always means having tabs means admittance but in how many days will the official letter come? I’m so anxious that I couldn’t sleep last night!!!

@motconga123 that’s is so exciting!!! What is your major?