Tape Measure Madness in Ridgecrest South

<p>Yes, that is what we used and they work well. A regular tension rod will work, but not nearly as easily. This item is not stocked in all Bed, Bat & Beyond locations, so order it online or call the location before driving too far. Walmart has something similar, but not the same quality.</p>

<p>^ And make sure you use a 20% off coupon! :)</p>

<p>^^^Most definitely! It’s easy to get them on your phone, too. They don’t even care if they are literally years out of date.:)</p>

<p>Last year around July my son was sent a 20% off his entire purchase “special going off to college” coupon from BBB. No idea what we did to get this that come. Of course, by then this Type A mom had all of his things purchased - all with coupons, of course. </p>

<p>The BBB tension rod also comes in bronze, too.</p>

<p>[Umbra®</a> Mission Bronze 24’ - 36’ Double Drapery Tension Rod - Bed Bath & Beyond](<a href=“http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17958291&RN=2467&KSKU=129342&]Umbra®”>http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17958291&RN=2467&KSKU=129342&)</p>

<p>Thank you! That will work great!</p>

<p>is this the correct size for the ridgecrest south bedroom window?</p>

<p>^ If you are asking if the linked curtain rod is the correct size for the RCS bedroom, the answer is yes. Also the correct size for the living room.</p>

<p>Does anyone have the dimensions of the wall space between the door and the closet? I saw someone put shelving there and wanted to find out the dimensions. Thanks!!</p>

<p>Anyone need the dimensions of anything in a Ridgecrest South dorm while I am up here in my DS room?</p>

<p>Catinhat95 it would depend on the room, shape is very location specific within RCS.</p>

<p>Just wanted to add that all 4 suitemates hung over the door mirrors on closet doors without any problems - doors close just fine. There had been a post in the past, which I can’t find of course, that mentioned problems with items mounted from OTD hangers.</p>

<p>Agree with Meremom, we have something over almost every door without issue!</p>

<p>We bought DS the Glee II Managers chair and the recommended spring curtain rod for the blackout curtains. Good call on both. The curtain rod is sturdy and holds the curtains well. The round corners are great for blocking out the side light. We also bought from BB&B hard plastic framed/metal hooks that hook over the closet doors for hoodies or a robe. They are made by Rubbermaid. They fit with no problem.</p>

<p>Bumping up for this year’s class. </p>

<p>Thanks Class2012Mom for bumping this thread up. </p>

<p>I just signed up on CC after spending several hours this morning trying to figure out the real dimensions of the A/D and B/C rooms in RC South with little success. I found this thread and was so excited. I’ll be a freshman in honors at UA this coming fall. The dimensions of the rooms and the furniture measurements given on the housing website don’t seem to exactly match up with the pdf floor plan compared with the size of the furniture shown in the layout.</p>

<p>Maybe I’m just too OCD, but could anyone give me a hint as to whether the rooms are actually 9’ by 11’ feet (like the website said?). Also any experience with room layouts that worked well in either room type would be great. I’m hoping I could maybe squeeze a bookshelf into the room somehow if I put the dresser under the bed…</p>

<p>9 x 11 seems right. </p>

<p>We bought a folding bookcase from the Container Store for my son’s room. He’s using it as a hutch with the bottom shelf folded up. </p>

<p><a href=“http://www.containerstore.com/shop/shelving/freestandingShelving?productId=10008634”>http://www.containerstore.com/shop/shelving/freestandingShelving?productId=10008634&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Many loft their beds and put bookcases under the bed. </p>

<p>if you loft the bed high you can put the bed, dresser and desk under the bed and have the whole other wall for bookshelf, chair whatever.</p>

<p>if you loft the bed lower, you can put all three pieces on the opposite wall and then put a bookshelf (or a few) under the bed.</p>

<p>this setup works in A or D rooms, but might not in B or C.</p>

<p>The following configuration could work but it will depend on several factors; where you will be living, and whether you can sleep in a highly lofted bed.
If you will be living in Ridgecrest South, the beds there can be lofted quite high, so If you can sleep in a highly lofted bed, then the amount of available floor space really opens up. You could easily place the dresser under the fully lofted bed and still have usable space on the top of the dresser. Also, since the depth of the dresser is narrower than the bed, there will be usable space behind the dresser as well. For example: you could store suitcases on their side or fit a long narrow Rubbermaid box for winter clothes storage in that area. This will leave room right next to the dresser for a bookcase and a storage cart. If the bookcase and cart are narrow you could then continue storage right behind them. I would put gliders on everything for ease of movement and cleaning purposes. Also, put your least needed items in the back row. The storage cart is a good place to put all the extra office supplies, printer paper, notebooks etc that a student needs. This leaves the desktop with a minimum of clutter making ongoing projects and studying much easier. </p>

<p>What about the padded headboards I’ve seen? Can they be used in RSC?
Thanks!</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice!! I’ll be in an A/D room in RCS. Does anyone know what the height under the bed lofted at the lower setting (not high enough to fit the dresser) is? I think I want to line up the dresser and desk together along one wall, and put some shorter plastic drawers under the bed.</p>