TCU Class of 2025 — Admissions Date: by April 1

Hoping honors decisions will be out this Friday! Does anyone know if this is likely?

In the zoom meeting for admitted students last night they said they were working on getting the last of them out, nothing specific.

Has anyone else made hotel reservations for parents weekend yet? The TCU Hyatt is already sold out!

@Shutterbug64 wow that’s not unexpected, but crazy nonetheless. I bet parents are eager to try the new establishment. Pretty much most hotels close (w/in ~10/15 min drive) to campus get filled for Parent’s weekend each year - important to book early.

Stayed there a few weeks ago. It’s a beautiful hotel!

When is parents weekend?

September 24-26

Anyone hear about honors college?

Honors Decisions are out!

We haven’t heard yet… either way. How did you find out?

There was an update in the portal.

1 Like

I checked… nothing… I will give them a call tomorrow. Thank you.

1 Like

From NY…daughter trying to decide best fit and choice…both TCU and University of Georgia have some excellent aspects for her.
Excited for school and this next step in life
Pre-Business
Interested in internship and possible relocation opportunities and sorority life
Merit monies - TCU 22k, UGA 10K…brings cost to a total difference of about 13k for private versus public.
loves the big game atmosphere, the polished feel of newer spaces, and a vibrant community.
please review and share any of your experiences/advice and feedback. Thank you!

1 Like

Hey there–New NJ Horned Frog family here. Ultimately my daughter did not apply to UGA (primarily because she switched to major (nursing) that they didn’t have), but she did fall in love with UGA initially. Now that we’ve seen both campuses (as of last week), she feels really good about TCU. To your point, tons of school spirit, gorgeous campus. Key difference is that is a big school feel in a nice concise very walkable campus. She also felt that the overall atmosphere was more welcoming. Maybe a factor of TCU being more of a mixed bag geographically? Also–I loved Fort Worth way more than I had anticipated. Good luck–great options!

Hey @pjdpatrick thanks for your question! TCU has the Neeley School of Business which is pretty excellent and can land someone a solid job in the DFW metroplex. I know of people who also took good opportunities in various other cities across the US.
I love the athletics here, there are always games happening, all free for students, and lots of school spirit. Every Friday during the football season, local business give discounts for wearing purple, but even in the rest of the year you will always see people sporting TCU apparel.
Everyone is very friendly, and I have found professors to be very responsive and engaging.

As far as UGA, everything I know about it comes from Ernie Johnson, so I don’t know if I’d be much help haha

I’d say if you can swing it financially, TCU. But to be unbiased I would think about the money aspect, and see the difference in costs post-freshman year with housing and meal plans, etc. TCU requires on-campus living the first 2 years, but there are cheaper off-campus options for the last 2 years. Not sure about UGA.

Does anyone know when registration for Frog Camp opens?

Here you go: Leadership & Student Involvement | Frog Camp

“Only incoming students who have submitted their tuition deposit will have access to Frog Camp registration. Those who have can register for Frog Camp starting April 13th at 4:00pm CDT by logging in to their myTCU portal and clicking on the Admission Status & Checklist tile. Students will be prompted to complete several general information forms and then will have the ability to register for a Frog Camp session.”

Thank you, just received that email today.

Does anyone know if Frog Camps fill up quickly? Is it important to register as soon as it opens up?

@rkddallas If you really want to go to a specific one, especially a travel-ish one (All-Stars or Alpine this year), those fill up quickest. But you are pretty much guaranteed to be able to get to one, as lots are in Texas (Casa, Cultura, Challenge). I personally enrolled closer to May 1 my year, but still made it to Challenge and had tons of fun. If you / your child is set on TCU, than I would say try to register ASAP when it opens, but don’t rush a college decision just for Frog Camp. :frog: