TCU Class of 2025 — Admissions Date: by April 1

Wow that surprises me those are killer stats. So sorry, I can totally understand your frustration. It has to be due to nursing only having a limited number of spots, otherwise doesn’t make any sense!

1 Like

Daughter accepted! Psych major. 3.72 GPA. 30 ACT super scored. TCU Scholarship - $18k/year.

Congrats to all who have been accepted.

Accepted! Pre-Business. International student!!!
SAT: 1510, decent GPA, ECs, and fairly good essays
Awarded $48,000/year (95% tuition) in total (scholarship + grant)

Wow. Your daughter’s stats are excellent. I know it’s a holistic review and kids are much more than numbers but tough when looking at stats like your daughter’s. My daughter: Hispanic, 3.8 unweighted, 4.7 weighted, no SAT/ACT, 4 years HS volleyball, 6 years club volleyball, many service hours, COVID volunteer work, took classes over summer to load up on a couple of more science classes, great essays. My daughter is so disappointed. I know it’s a super competitive program. Hoping her first semester grades help (they’re great), but again, I just don’t want to get her hopes up.

1 Like

Daughter accept, pre-business. 3.8 UW, 4.1W, no scores, in a dual enrollment program in CA. 4 year varsity golf, work experience, and internships. Founders scholarship - $12k
Congrats to all that were accepted. Sounds like there are lots of deferrals this year, so hang in there it is a very unusual year.

Wow your daughter’s stats are great too. Now I’m wondering if we should have applied ED. She didn’t want to be locked in either though, even though TCU is her top choice. I am sorry you are going through this too, it’s so hard to have them work so hard and have this happen. I wasn’t expecting it, to be honest, but this is a crazy year in all ways. We are in Southern California, where are you?

Same. We weren’t expecting it. But it is a tough and very different year. We’re in Austin, TX. She’ll submit first semester grades and see what happens, hope for the best. It’s a great school! I’m just curious to hear from anyone if it’s worth going the deferment round especially for nursing. I may call them on Monday. Ugggh, so sad for my girl.

1 Like

Below the acceptance letter was a link to view the scholarship letter

Take heart!

1 Like

My daughter is now on an app called zeemee with a bunch of people from all over the country (then you join the TCU group I guess) and the deferment for nursing and bio majors this year is huge. It looks like almost every early action nursing applicant was deferred. (I’m sure some got in but this app chat is indicating large percentage of deferment.)

2 Likes

D21 accepted with Dean’s scholarship. 4.0 UW GPA rigorous private college prep high school in the midwest, many EC’s and leadership roles.

1 Like

Interesting! Makes me feel a little better, but still stings. It’s ok, it’ll be fine. She’ll submit her 1st semester grades and whatever happens then… happens! Thanks for the update. Let me know if you learn anything else!

Son was accepted Pre-Business. 1340 SAT, 4.15 Weighted GPA, leadership, activities, and 2 sports. Founders Scholarship. Waiting on SMU, Clemson, Elon, and Florida now, but super excited!

1 Like

Congrats! My D was accepted with the Dean’s as well. What school did you apply to?

2 Likes

@DNapier AddRan with an intended major in Religion. What about your daughter? Congrats as well!

1 Like

Will do! Hang in there, it will all work out (or at least my glass of wine says it will! Haha!)

Pre-Business. We also applied to SMU, no words yet. Have you heard about your Baylor’s?

@DNapier Nope, nothing from Baylor yet. Expecting that one to be after Christmas at this point. Just trying to stay patient - luckily the very good news from TCU tonight will definitely help with that!! In the mean time, I also have Tennessee, South Carolina, and Notre Dame all next week to stress about, haha.

Hopefully your daughter hears from SMU soon!

1 Like

Daughter accepted EA today! Business/Pre-Law track. 3.86 GPA UW, from college prep classical HS, no test scores. Multi-sport athlete with a four-page resume of numerous athletic awards. $22k/year scholarship (Faculty Scholarship). She received a similar package from Baylor.

1 Like

Son is waiting on ND as well. Good luck.

1 Like