TCU EA/ED Letters Fall 2016

Not yet

Nope, mine hasn’t updated yet.

Does anybody else feel that even the Dean’s Scholarship (20k per year) isn’t that much in comparison to the daunting 60k per year (total cost next year according to financial office lady)? I honestly don’t know how I will afford TCU if I don’t get the full tuition from the Chancellor Scholarship

@preposterone123 How did you get $60K? This years cost of attendance is $53480. I still agree that it is a daunting amount, but I was a little frightened by your $60K estimate. We also are praying for the Chancellor’s.

My son received his scholarship award yesterday - 15K per year! We are thrilled and this award helps get TCU into our price range.

@bsmom123 I was told at Monday at TCU by the financial office lady that total cost next year will be 60k, though most likely she was highballing and will be closer to $55,000 per year. While that does save us $20,000, that still leaves $35,000 a year left with the Dean’s scholarship which adds up to $105,000. That’s way more debt than I want to be in when I graduate, plus I will still (hopefully) have to pay for medical school.

No, you do not get direct admit to business school but can get accepted as pre-business which allows you to be advised by business advisors, etc. You apply for official entrance later following some pre-req things such as: passing Microsoft Excel certification, etc. If you go to TCU I highly recommend getting your required Excel certification done in the summer…otherwise, it’s another thing you have to do during the semester.

@preposterone123 A couple of things to consider. If you want to go to medical school, insure you check out other school’s premed support. TCU’s is very good and their admit rate to medical school is high. I think it’s because they really work to help students prep for the application process. Also, if you are a TX resident (or become one) and go to medical school in TX, it is much, much cheaper than other states so your total indebtedness evens out. You should use the differential to assess your cost (I think you are doing this but just to make sure). I think TCU is about $10,000-$15,000 more expensive than an instate public school (after the Dean’s scholarship) so you incremental cost increase is closer to $40-60K for the full four years. My son was from CA. Attended TCU on Dean’s scholarship. Established TX residency and is now at TX Tech in 2nd year medical school and THAT cost is about $30-$35K per year ALL IN which is very inexpensive for medical school plus living expenses. look at the full picture before you make a decision.

You make a good point, I could be worrying too much about college debt, but it’s such a huge plague on students. I actually want to be able to start my life without having that debt over my head. But thinking about debt will really only be a problem if I don’t get the Chancellor Scholarship, so I am really betting a lot on that weekend.

Hopefully I will get in!