TCU EA/ED Letters Fall 2016

Did anyone get accepted today? And when it says your decision has been mailed does that mean you got denied. Or is there still a chance that you got in.

@collgebound2124 When my portal updated it said my decision was mailed and 2 days later I received my acceptance!

ACCEPTED!!!

Also here are my stats:
ACT 33 superscored
9 AP Classes
2 IB Courses
Top 10%
3.87 unweighted GPA and 4.60 weighted
Tons of community service
Member of swim team
Member of school newspaper

@collegebound1612 thnx that’s super encouraging hopefully I get my letter soon I live in San Diego. So that might explain why it’s taking so long.

My daughter got a deferral letter from you. Her gpa is 4.3 and act score of 29. She’s been active in a variety of extracurriculars. We were shocked. Not sure what to think of this.

Son got accepted to Economics
ACT 30,
gpa 3.5
two varsity sports
6 AP classes
National Art honor society (or some such thing)
like everyone - tons of outside leadership experience and volunteering
job last three summers
Letter said any scholarship $ would be sent in a separate notification within a few weeks.

TCU is a possibility but not his #1 right now (and certainly not my #1 for him without some $$s)

Daughter got accepted and about a week later got separate letter inviting her to come to the Chancellor’s Scholarship interview weekend. 4.25 GPA, 35 ACT, lots of extras and two varsity sports…unfortunately I am just now realizing that Chancellor’s Scholarship only covers tuition and is not a “full ride” so even if she manages to land that great scholarship, she still might be better off taking an in-state full ride if it comes…we will see. We hate the thought of going in debt and simply cannot imagine letting her take out loans…especially if she may be going to med school…the loans will come soon enough if she does. Plus we already have another one in college, so that also limits the funds available. But, hey, these are all good problems…we are so proud of her efforts and all the possibilities. :slight_smile:

Has anyone received merit letters? My sons initial acceptance letter is dated December 14.

My daughter was deferred. I wonder if they just defer everyone or if they outright reject anyone? A deferral gives you hope that you might get in later, but I wonder if it also might be a nice way of rejection?

Her portal changed to deferral and asked her to send in her latest grades for fall semester of senior year and any updates in gpa and class rank. She plans to also write a letter. From what I have read on this site, last year some deferrals got accepted for fall and some got accepted for spring.

Sorry I’m so late, but I applied for English.

Son got in EA and not a candidate for Chancellors(congrats to everyone that is in the running!!!). Has anyone heard about the lesser scholarships? Even a Founders would make the difference for us! We are hoping. Good luck to everyone here. All the students we know who have attended TCU were very happy(and have jobs!)

P.S. Stats: Son from large Public High school in NC, 4.5 GPA. Lots of Music Honors, Honor Societies, service hours, 6 APs, AP Scholar, etc Etc. . SAT rather " low "at 1250 but had major surgeries as a junior which impacted studying. Wheelchair for 8 months.

I just got my scholarship notification today in California!!!

Me too I got it today. 60K for 4 yr. Less than SMU.

I was awarded Dean’s Scholars, but 20k a year and not the 18k listed on the site.

@Krystamarie3 I’m guessing $20K is the new scholarship amount for the highest award other than Chancellors. My S also received that amount. Congratulations on your hard work paying off. Literally.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. Thank you, congrats to your son too! Now to see if we get offered honors. @ShouldBeWorking

Is anyone applying for Business School. I would like to know if TCU offers direct admission to Business School. I got direct admission to SMU business School.

@bk1366 From what I’ve read, no. Maybe I’m reading this wrong. Hope this helps! http://www.neeley.tcu.edu/Academics/BBA/NAAC/Admissions.aspx

@Krystamarie3 Does your scholarship award show up in my.tcu under Financial Aid?