TCU EA/ED Letters Fall 2016

Congrats tcu2020! My D was also accepted! Yesterday her portal status changed to your decision has been mailed, and this morning it says “Congratulations on your admission.” Hopefully the admission letter will be in the mail today.

I applied ED, but my portal still says “Your application is complete and ready for review!” Will it change eventually? I heard there have been some technological problems with my.tcu

My daughter applied early action, but hasn’t gotten any change in portal or notification yet. She is high GPA and 35 ACT with lots of ECs so can’t imagine she won’t get accepted…but nothing official yet.

Does anybody know when they are sending the EA decisions?

How are y’all able to get into the portal… When I applied I never received login information.

Hi guys this is my first time writing on College Confidential but I just felt like I needed some answers. TCU was my ED admission.
SAT: 1980 (Writing, Math, and Reading)
ACT: 26
GPA: 3.7
Joined a lot of clubs and activities regarding global action and awareness
I am a part of the IB program (kinda like AP)
I got deferred to regular decision and that really upsets me :frowning: I have no idea why I didn’t get in and I’m really worried…
Does anyone have a clue about what this exactly means? Are my chances really slim now?
Please if you have any information or would just like to leave a comment regarding my situation, any help would be much appreciated

Okay so I was talking to my admissions counselor on Friday and she said the decisions for EA would be sent out Friday (like this past friday, the 11th) or the latest monday!!! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE

Good luck to everyone! Keep checking your portal. When the ED letters were sent out on Friday, Dec. 4, my daughter’s portal changed to congratulations by Monday, Dec. 6 before 6:00 a.m. The letter arrived that evening.

@mamba1998: You were deferred into the regular decision pool, but you were not denied admission. I think with your stats you will be admitted. Is that your unweighted GPA or weighted? If you haven’t done an interview, you might want to contact your admission counselor to see if you can still do one. Did you participate in one of their official campus tours? They keep records of visits. Again, don’t worry too much with your stats. It is a good idea to continue to show interest though and to make sure this semester’s grades stay up.

@tcudream2016 by the latest monday, do you mean tomorrow?

She told me this upcoming monday at the latest. i wish my portal wasn’t so messed up, it still says i’m missing my counselor evaluation form, but i sent it in with everything else :////

That was my weighted, the one on my transcript since I’m taking IB course, I’m not sure what my unweighted it. But thank you! Yeah I’ll try contacting the admissions counselor and possibly send another letter of recommendation.

Your stats are similar to mine. I think you got a pretty good shot at getting in. I tried getting a interview a month ago but she said it was to late. The deadline was November 1st. I emailed her with a request for a interview back in October. She didn’t respond to me until mid to late November. So best of luck to you. Let me know what they say.

Ahh, yes, that is correct. I checked the website and the deadlines for interviews was November 1. You can still demonstrate interest by communicating with the admissions counselor though. Good luck!

Is anyone else having trouble communicating with their counselor? My counselor takes forever to reply. I know it’s a busy time because of applications but sometimes I wait weeks for a reply.

@HornedFrog7 where do you live? Mine is pretty slow too

Can anyone chance me?
I am a transfer student
GPA : 3.33
4 year Army Veteran/ current Army Reserve.
Phi Theta Kappa member
Major is Nursing prerequisites

Classes I have taken:
Anatomy and physiology 1, A
Anatomy and physiology 2, A
Introduction to psychology, A
Microbiology, B
Nutrition, B
History 1301, B
English 1301, C

I was not required to take the ACT or SAT and my High School transcripts were not needed.

I was a member of my schools FFA team.
President of rodeo team.
Played football and track.

TCU Admissions just tweeted that the EA letters went in the mail this morning! Anyone’s status change on the portal yet?

No, my status didn’t change yet…I think it may take a few days?

@futurefroggie16 I live in California. What about you? I might just visit January 25th for the “Monday at TCU.” This way I can speak with them in person. Does anyone know if it’s possible to take the ACT on Febuary 6th in hopes of improving your score? Will I be able to include it for my regular admission application?

I live in California too! havent heard anything yet