TCU Greek Life?

<p>Seeing as I've already been accepted and gotten scholarships, I'm pretty much 100% sure that I will be attending TCU in the fall of 2012. Now a big thing to me is the Greek life at a university. I know that TCU is over 40% Greek, but how are the fraternities? Namely, what are the best fraternities on campus for out of state students, which fraternities party and which don't, and which fraternities have the coolest guys as well as which ones are full of stuck up guys.</p>

<p>Everybody has a different opinion about each fraternity. My advice is to rush and see which one is best for you. When you register through IFC, they have your contact info, so you’ll be contacted for different fraternity parties pretty much as soon as you move in, if they are interested of course. So main advice is to consider all fraternities and have a super open mind. Also don’t trust the greek rank week, some reviews are accurate but most are not. Sign up for summer rush if you can, k sig and phi delt give out all of their bids before formal rush even started.</p>

<p>Just a note to double check that your IFC application is submitted and received properly. My son’s was not so he missed the entire summer and move-in week of parties. He found out that he was not in the “system” on Day 1 of Formal Recruitment which is a bit late.</p>

<p>Do girls have to register as well?? Any thought on sorority life at TCU??</p>

<p>yep girls have to register. Rush is massive for girls, I was told around 800 girls rushed this past semester. Pretty much required to have letter of recommendations, if you know girls from high school or whatever in a sorority, it’s fairly easy to get in. I heard it’s sort of difficult if you don’t know anyone.</p>

<p>On my post above, I meant greek rank website, I probably should have read over my post.</p>

<p>Girls have to register and submit this whole application process. I’d HIGHLY recommend letters of rec. Even if the individuals don’t know you personally (people you know are better) if you give them a resume, they’ll write you one. Sorority rush is HUGE. Girls move in a week early and its a whole ordeal, stressful but totally worth it in the end. Some sororities are very selective (will reject you if you don’t have a rec) But if you make it to day four of rush (Which almost everyone does) and don’t suicide bid you’re gautunteed a bid to a house. It’s a great process and I highly recommend at least going through it</p>