Tcu

Rising senior with 30 act lots of community service hours ec’s. Class rank 1 gpa 4.0.member of desiples of Christ church and involved in youth group How available is merit aid money at tcu? And is business/mechanical engineering double degree worth it at tcu?

My son had a 33 ACT and a 4.43 GPA. He got the Dean’s Scholarship worth $18,000/year.

Ok thank you very much that is encouraging. Did he like it there?
@BLUEJAY1518

He will be an incoming freshman at the University of Alabama. He is a National Merit Finalist and he couldn’t pass up the incredibly generous offer that Alabama gave him (5 years of tuition, $4500/year stipend, $2000 to study abroad, one year of housing, and a Mac Book Air).

As far as tests go, I have a 29 composite ACT, 31 superscore ACT, and a 2050 SAT. My unweighted GPA was 3.93 and my weighted was 4.08 that put me fourth in a class of 240. I ran cross country and track, but other than that my extracurriculars were virtually nonexistent. I, regrettably, did not do any volunteering in high school. That being said, I was admitted with a Dean’s Scholarship.

Nice have you enjoyed tcu? @WASchmit

I will be entering this coming year, so I have not taken classes there yet; however, I have visited campus twice, once for a visit and another time to enroll. Both instances I loved the campus, atmosphere, students, and staff. The professors seem very knowledgeable, and the admissions staff are very helpful. TCU’s financial need grants are very nice as well. I received another $18,000 there. I believe that if you have substantial volunteer hours along with your scholastic resume you could be a candidate for the Chancellor’s Scholarship which is full tuition, but I am not certain.