Test scores

<p>Hi! I have a quick question - University of Wisconsin is my top choice school, but I know it has gotten to be pretty competitive. I sent out my SAT scores to UW as one of the four that CollegeBoard allows for free, and it ended up being somewhat average (in the 1800s). I did the same thing for the ACTs, and I got a 35 (obviously much better than the SAT). Will Wisconsin consider both test scores, or only the higher one?
I realize I can't really do anything now if it's the former, but I'm curious. </p>

<p>On Wisconsin! Can't wait to finish up my essays and submit my application!</p>

<p>They will look at everything. In fact, the last time I looked admissions wants you to submit all scores from all standardized tests (SAT or ACT) that you have taken, not simply your best scores - I am sure they are going to look at a 35 on the ACTs with interest. I am curious, though, that is a huge spread between your scores if you take the ACT-to-SAT conversion table into account. Having taken both of them, do you have any insights into the differences in the tests? Good luck.</p>

<p>They will really only use your best single score so you are a 35 ACT which is super. Congrats.</p>

<p>@bohligtomack74: That’s what I thought I understood from what Wisconsin said on the website. As to the differences between the tests, I have no clue what happened. I took both tests blind (no review or anything), but the questions on the ACT just seemed to make a lot more sense to me. And I preferred having the test in bigger chunks over the SAT’s many short sections. And being almost 2 hours shorter helped too!</p>

<p>@barrons: Thank you!</p>

<p>Greetings,</p>

<p>This is a UW-Madison representative. @barrons is correct. Although our counselors will be able to view any and all scores you’ve sent to our office, the highest score will be considered in your application decision. Please note that we do require the ACT plus the writing score. If you have any further questions please feel free to email our office at <a href=“mailto:onwisconsin@admissions.wisc.edu”>onwisconsin@admissions.wisc.edu</a></p>

<p>-AKB</p>