Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

@Topgolf not knowing where you live, this appears to be where you can find an Aggie rep in your area.
A&M VERY much likes to admit NM S/F. It is definitely worth it, to reach out to Admissions-both in College Station and your area/local rep. Stress your situation-need $1k more to meet in-state tuition. It can’t hurt!

Here’s the link. Screenshot of what to scroll to on left hand side-

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

@52AG82 Son is NMSF who didn’t make NMF due to poor grades during Fr and So. One of the “rare” 1,000 out of 16,000 who didn’t advance. He was fortunate to be accepted to engineering at Galveston (NMSF and 1560 turned out to compensate enough for 3.35). We’re from Oklahoma so the COA is prohibitively high. But he loves the prospect of attending TAMU so I’m trying to see if there is any way we could make this work.

Thank you for the wonderful suggestion! I’ll definitely reach out to both the local/CStat A&M reps.

1 Like

@yikkblue tbh, no clue how that works. Did he accept an offer to attend in Galveston, or did he apply directly to Galvy? I would reach out to the rep for OK first. Maybe they can shed some light.
I just don’t know if your son falls under scholarships at College Station or Galveston (they do have different scholarship programs)?

1 Like

He applied to TAMU and was given “engineering in Galveston” after 7 tabs showed up. You have given me a great suggestion — I didn’t even know there are A&M reps I could reach out to.

2 Likes

That page has been retired. You can follow Texas A&M Corps of Cadets page or Commandant’s FB page. Major Hoffman IS still here though :slight_smile:

I see that now. It shows “paused.” That’s a new one.

A&M doesn’t stack the academic scholarships but they stack other scholarships. My daughter received 4 scholarships from A&M. They stacked. One is 4 year. The others are 1 year. She is hoping to receive more 1 year scholarships each year.

2 Likes

Anyone else who just accepted TEAM having issues setting up tamu email account?

A student can give their parents access to some info on howdy (aka parent howdy account) by following the prompt below, located on the main howdy logon page.

emailed again and got this from Aggie one stop:
~~
Thanks for reaching out. The package was mailed on (xx/xx/xxxx) to the address listed below. I have submitted a ticket to our admissions team to review and resend your student’s admit package to that address. Please let me know if this is not the correct mailing address.
~~
The address was correct and the xx/xx/xxxx was the day after he was admitted. So I guess the post office lost it. :roll_eyes: Doesn’t USPS know how important these things are?? :joy:

and then they’ll bend it to fit it in your mailbox! Give your mail carrier a gift card NOW and ask that they don’t bend it when they see it! :joy:

1 Like

@dawn3 Thank you!! What email address did you send this to? We’ll do the same!

admissions@tamu.edu

takes 1-3 days to get a reply.

Hi! I’m an engineering student that wasn’t admitted automatically.

I was genuinely surprised to get in, especially notified beginning of January because of my stats. I only took one AP class with was Physics and barely got a 3 on it. My GPA was fairly high with a 4.9 unweighted and 5.28 weighted. 1440 SAT and 30 ACT. (Again, I did say I didn’t expect to get in. I didn’t do anything special, no summer schools, no extra visits, very few extracurriculars. I was top 15%.

The only thing that could have made me stand out was the fact that I was a dual credit student on the Dean’s Honors List- from a fairly high standing college as well. That’s it. I didn’t even make the early decision/action deadline either and turned it in the last day for engineering students. Still, miraculously, I got in. I think it was because of my essay. I’m a very good writer and my essay was intended to be very compelling, though to be honest, it didn’t take that long to write. I’m also an early grad but that’s about it. Nothing else would have made me stand out.

Finally arrived today. Hope yours did as well!

You likely got in with your scores, even though not super high, submitting both means you do prepare for college. Dual credit is very common in Texas but TAMU engineering actually prefers AP.
But then TAMU engineering has ETAM year to really sort students. Depends on your target major, it can be an easy or a tough one year ahead. Good Luck!

@Fireworks22 In the other thread you asked about saving money, so I’ll comment here.

If you plan to live on campus, the dorms vary in price greatly. Some are as low as $2300/semester and others are over $6000. Modulars are very popular at $4000/semester.

On campus, you will be required to buy a meal plan, approx 1 $10 meal/day. If you eat breakfast in your dorm, and then use a meal ticket for a large late lunch/early dinner, you can also walk out of the dining hall with a sandwich for later. Most get by with the smaller plan but you can see how going to a dining hall 3X a day would add up

https://reslife.tamu.edu/gettingstarted/rates/

Off campus housing varies greatly also. As low as 4 or 500/month for 12 months for older/far off campus. The upper limit might be $2000+/month for a single close to campus. It really varies.

My son is telling me he has to pay $30 and fill out housing information to be considered for the honors college. He loved A&M but he’s not ready to commit anywhere just yet. I guess I just lose $30 if he decides to go to a different school? Thanks.