Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

@TamuDad15 i can’t keep everyone straight.
Is she Blinn TEAM or straight A&M?

Straight A&M - might stay in CS over the summer and take a few classes at Blinn

1 Like

@TamuDad15 very curious why advisor suggested taking classes this summer?? Kinda shocked daughter was even able to meet with advisor.
Word of caution-Blinn is PRICEY! There is nothing special about Blinn, simply a junior college, with a campus in Bryan. Unless permanent residence is Washington Co, everyone is considered out of district. Highly recommend taking classes anywhere BUT Blinn. It won’t be easy, and it’ll be pricey.
No rush to start classes early either.

1 Like

Ok, I am completely FLOORED. Thing 2 got an email yesterday from TAMU that there has been a change to his financial aid. He finally got around to logging in just now to see what was going on…he now has a $5000/yr renewable Mays scholarship offered :scream:

What the what!! I thought TAMU was stingy on money and not to expect anything!!!

He already put the enrollment deposit down at UT Austin and we are about to pay the dorm deposit and sign the housing contract there so yesterday he emailed TAMU housing to cancel his housing contract.

Why is TAMU doing this to us lol :weary:

3 Likes

@Momof3B WHAT?? Is he Nat Merit? Was he accepted to BH? I’ve got a Mays/BH senior. Don’t know anyone-except a Brown Scholar-who has gotten anything like that! WOAH!!! :dizzy_face:

1 Like

NOT National Merit and didn’t get in to Business Honors either!!!

I am absolutely shook.

The details on the scholarship says 2.75 GPA needed for renewal. Let me see if I can get him to log back in so that I can take a picture of the award

Here it is!! The $1000/yr TAMU Tuition Support grant is still there as well

1 Like

Wow, just wow! That is truly unheard of. Are you from an identified Century Scholar school?
Absolutely crazy?!

Nope! I just googled the identified schools and our high school is not on the DFW area list

@Momof3B i am STUMPED!

1 Like

Does that mean BAC isn’t a STEM Course, cos I am looking for a stem oriented course and the website doesn’t mention anything much. Please help me

that’s crazy but awesome!! what’s he going to do?

eta: not sure where the cake came from, lol.

Definitely stem. It’s in the engineering dept. go look and review the program itself plus the degree plan/courses they take.

May I ask a non-academic question? Does anyone know when sports passes will be available to purchase?

April 3. They’re added to student virtual cart, not actually paid for until August (with tuition bill).
Add early…they WILL sell out.

Any degree plan requiring Math 147/151/171 will have to take the proctored MPE (they used to call MPE4). The registration is open now and quickly taken by engineering students. More will open up in May.

1 Like

My oos daughter also got $5000/year from Mays (BH) - which qualified us of IN-STATE tuition!!! We are blown away! TAMU is now TOP of the list! now need to find a roommate!

4 Likes

Thank you so much! Marking my calendar

1 Like

My BH son got this as well

2 Likes

That’s great!!!

2 Likes