Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

@Mha6514 so he applied for UH, but hasn’t heard back yet? Is that what you’re saying? Or did he apply for an LLC?
UH required to live in Lecher/McFadden.
Hopefully he’ll hear before dorm selection starts. A November time stamp isn’t great, but not as bad as those who applied in December on. If he doesn’t get into UH, he’ll keep his Nov time stamp.

1 Like

Thank you. This is very helpful.

@Mha6514 so clarify-he applied for an LLC, but also applied for UH? Did you son receive an initial UH notification by March 31? In years past, UH didn’t send out acceptances until after dorm selection…which messed up a lot of kids. Hopefully they’ve fixed that.
What LLC did you student select?

This is my concern. He is still on the alternate list, which may interfere with dorm selection.

Alternate UH list or alternate LLC list?
If he’s already signed up for LLC, he’ll stay there.
If he gets into UH, he’ll automatically be placed in either Lechner or McFadden.

1 Like

My D25 selected her dorm room potluck very easy process. D27 found a roommate, roommate set up group in Phase 3 and submitted invitation to my daughter who accepted. So far so good I hope. roommate has Sept ‘22 time stamp which is awesome.

Question- I guess roommate picks the room, does she automatically pull my daughter in or does my daughter need to select the same room as well? Will my daughter have a separate time to pick room? Her time stamp is Dec ‘22.

Following because my daughter is a September time stamp who is pulling up a roommate and we’re not quite sure how that’s going to work. (Are our daughters roommates?? :upside_down_face: :woman_shrugging:)

@LaFinalista and @TamuDad15

4 Likes

Accepted into Engineering, Engineering Honour (ECOS) declined, didn’t apply for University Honour.
Stats: SAT 1510, ACT34, Duolingo 145, International (five years in USA, attended public high school)
Rank 25%, 6.03 weighted GPA (bad, basically 25% B, I messed up the weighted system)
Community College Math: Calc III, DiffEq A, GPA 4.0
Credit by Exam accelerated: all Maths prior to PreCal, Chem 1, Phys 1
AP: Human Geo 4, Stats 4, Physics C 5 (both), Music Theory 5(4+5), BC 5(5), EH 3, Psych 4, CSA 5, USH 4, LANG 3, Chem 5, Bio 5, taking Macro, Gov, Art History, Lit, and APES in May.
AIME Qualifier thru AMC12 when Grade 10
small UIL district and invitational medals
NHS, NEHS, SNHS, NCSHS random stuff and minor role, nothing to write home about
Get declined or waitlisted by every single other school applied, include UTCS.

Also: committed on March 31 and finished housing Phase II on April 2, still hasn’t progress to Phase III and shown “waitlist” on housing portal, is it normal?
Meanwhile, what are the dorm-mate-finding social media now for students now? A few years ago it was facebook but seems like this generation doesn’t really use it much and the facebook page of class of 2027 doesn’t contain a group.
One another question: has any one have experience buying routers and NAT boxes in TAMU dorms? As (potential) CS student that will be rather essential for common usage.

By the way my visa is L2, not F1 student so admission decision could be different.

1 Like

@Irax is there a reason student declined Engineering Honors?? Or did ECOS decline your student?
Wait List isn’t good-means student isn’t guaranteed a room. March 31 is really late to be applying for a dorm. Temp List is above Wait List; Temp List is guaranteed a ‘spot’ (might start out in a converted study hall, etc, but will be somewhere on campus), Wait List isn’t guaranteed anything.
Temp & Wait List can’t complete phase 3.

Hold off on buying anything, until you know where student will be living. Very specific things that can & can’t be used in the dorms, as far as technology.
IF your student gets a dorm room, here’s a list from campus IT.

What does the Sport pass confirmation look like? I tried to add it today and clicked it, but didn’t see anything after that to confirm I bought a pass.

1 Like

That’s something the student does from their Howdy.
They should get a confirmation when it has been added to their virtual cart.

oh, I mean ECOS declined me, sorry for causing misunderstanding!
thanks for the info of the dorm! As for ResNet, I heard of the stuff and studied on that before, but in the end it came to campus IT.

1 Like

I posted this last week, but I’ll share it again in case it helps: There is an error on the page with the Sports Pass… It’s stuck in an indefinite loop. From Howdy… Go to Dashboard, then go down to Optional Services, then you can add the Sports Pass.

2 Likes

I’m on the temp list and i’m able to access phase 3 and make a roommate group. Does that mean i’m off of the temp list?

Must be? Cause Temp List can’t select a room or be pulled by a roomie.
Yay!

Same!

We never got a confirmation but have selected it twice. Is there a place we can call?

1 Like

@cawcaw my Aggie did it all. I do know she got a confirmation. I suggest she contact 12th Man Foundation.