Texas A&M admitted students for the Class of 2027

@AHS great stats! She definitely checked the box to apply for BH? It’s not automatic. Like @TAMUMAMA said, have her go back and check emails, to see if she maybe overlooked the zoom invite.

2 Likes

Thanks @52AG82 @TAMUMAMA

@AHS —sure. Your daughter has great stats. Better than my DS. So there is no reason she shouldn’t have been invited. Please let us know when she gets her acceptance letter!

1 Like

I know a girl got into UT McCombs. Her rank was 16% with strong EC. She is from middle class family, not URM. She received the offer really late since she was not auto.

@TexasMom88 —did she have super high SAT? I feel like my DS is extremely strong in every aspect, except that. Wondering if it is a deal breaker

No, I don’t think she had super high SAT. Her mom complained her not being smart.

1 Like

@TexasMom88 —well, she did something to stand out. Good for her!

@TexasMom88 she was admitted recently, for the next school year?? Wowzers, no one from our high school got into McCombs, outside of 3%.

No, she was admitted 4 years ago. Her high school is a cut-throat public school. UT admits about 20% of her school each year, although not giving everyone the hot majors. Top 15% GPAs are very close. They use 100 point GPA system, so every test point counts. The school offers unlimited AP classes to push kids to take 7 AP classes every semester.

@TexasMom88 i would be FLOORED if anyone 16% got accepted into McCombs currently…but I could be wrong.
Texas needs to be mandatory on rank/gpa scale, I think. Too many schools that don’t rank, or give everyone the rank of ‘valedictorian’ if they make all A’s (yep, it’s true!), some are on a 4.0 scale, while others are 5.0 or 6.0 scale. So many inconsistencies, it’s just not fair.
But…no one asked me :sweat_smile:

@ChristiR93 I accidentally replied to the wrong thread, can’t figure out how to X remove my comment😂

1 Like

Anyone hear from Brown scholarship yet? In the Commonapp application, my kid said no to “are you interested in EnMed program”. Does that automatically remove him for consideration to Brown Scholarship?

1 Like

@Topgolf we have a current freshman friend who is a Brown scholar-Mays Business Honors-he’s not pursuing EnMed.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s really helpful to know

1 Like

Yes. Has anyone heard from the Brown Scholarship yet? Still waiting. They say mid-December so maybe next week?

Have any oos students heard yet? And does anyone know when those get released?

Some have heard, plenty are still waiting.

1 Like

Does anyone have experience with the brown scholarship? Do you remember when you received an email asking to interview?

My nephew was offered it, and I think his interview was maybe in January??

Ok thank you! I think they try to get most of their invites sent by Christmas and then interview in January.

2 Likes