Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Hold the phone!! My daughter just checked Howdy and SHE GOT HER 7 TABS TOO!!!

Stats - Holistic. Construction Science major. Top 25%. GPA 3.68/4.15. All the sports, leadership, part-time job, etc. 1320 SAT. Super competitive public high school in Dallas. Solid essays. 3rd gen. Aggie (although I know that doesn’t matter - just means that about 50 people in her family are losing their minds with joy right now).

Waiting for the AIS update. But feeling good. CONGRATS to everyone and thank you so much for all of the replies on this board. Super helpful.

23 Likes

Congrats!!! That’s amazing and such great news for the holiday break!!

1 Like

Nearly choked on my coffee! :rofl: Congrats on your future Aggie’s acceptance!

5 Likes

So happy for those finding out today!! Keep those posts coming (with stats)!!! Merry Christmas!

4 Likes

In case it matters to anyone comparing stats - her school doesn’t rank, so the “top 25%” is the ranking that A&M assigned her.

Cheers to everyone finding out today!

4 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I’ve been rooting for her! I can tell how much this means to her and you!

3 Likes

Hi i’m OOS and applied for Forensics. Can someone please explain what’s getting 7 tabs means?

1 Like

7 tabs in howdy happens before the official acceptance in AIS. You will see it where it shows the applicants tab and other 2. It will go from 3 to 7 tabs.

I’ve been a mess. An absolute disaster. I’m so relieved. Thank you for your support!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

6 Likes

Do you think I can get into TAMU college station?

1 Like

4th generation potential Aggie Daughter received her 7 tabs today. Was moved from first choice Business to Communications - 2nd choice. Assuming Mays is full. She is private school non ranking in DFW. 96 Average. Top 20%, 31 ACT, tons of leadership and over 400 community service hours. Captain of Field Hockey team, Editor in Chief of Newspaper. Excited for her, but not sure she will go to TAMU since she was moved from Mays.

3 Likes

@sk1234567 both @ChristiR93 and I have mentioned you need to be very familiar with the various A&M Engineering pathways. Read over all the links I sent you on the other thread.
Based on your rank, full admit might be tough, but I strongly think you’ll get offered a pathway. You need to understand the differences, locations, etc.

3 Likes

Good score, did you submit the AP scores? Note that ranking is TAMU’s most important factor.
May get full admission but TEAB has good chance. Good Luck!

1 Like

@RachelMTAMU94 —I’m so happy to hear. I’ve been rooting for her, too!!

1 Like

I have submitted several of my AP scores they are all four.

1 Like

I have read over all the links you have provided (thank you btw). But if I were to be offered other pathways and not full admission I would probably not go. I just don’t think it’s worth it and I have gotten accepted into other schools already.

TEAB is considered full admission-students can live on campus. That’s why you need to really read the details. TEAB is a great offer, plus you save some $, too.

@Hpeterson I know of a freshman last year who decided after one semester of engineering that he wanted to transfer to Mays. In his second semester, he took the required prerequisites and submitted his transfer application at midnight the minute it opened (sometime in May). Received an email early that morning announcing he was in Mays. I am pretty sure he had a 4.0. Based on his experience, I am guessing it is first come, first served for quality applicants until spots are gone. Anything is possible!!

1 Like

@Eggscapgoats I’m not even sure how that would be possible to do in 1 semester?? Unless he was already taking Econ, came in with a math that counted for either 140 or 142 and maybe took a Winter class + took 16 or 17 hours? It would be TOUGH to do in 1 semester, plus maintaining a 3.9 or 4.0.

1 Like

@52AG82 He did it! He took math 151 (eng calc 1) in the fall, which counts for 142. During spring, he had to take at least 3 prereqs to achieve the minimum four and enough classes to have 30 credits total. Did have AP credit for one of the econs. Once he was in, he took a few business classes over the summer to catchup

1 Like