Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

DD accepted today. Mays - or at least it says Business Admin for major, so I assume that is Mays admission.
34 ACT
3.9 unweighted
4.3 weighted

8 Likes

@L1Ag91 congrats! BUAD = Mays, students don’t declare their major (Finance, Acct, MGMT, etc) until soph/junior year.
I’m a Mays mom, it’s a fantastic program!

Lol yes I’m aware where it falls, I’m just saying top 17% is better than showing top quarter which means they can only assume it’s somewhere between 10.1-25%. If you’re ranked then you aren’t lumped in with all other non ranked students who get top quarter. Just my opinion and what I’ve seen over the past years.
Edited to say…
With all that said, I just went back to see your students stats. Omg you are correct. His app will stand alone just fine! Well done!

1 Like

Accepted 10/13.

Top 18% - in state
GPA: 4.9/5 weighted - 3.7 unweighted
ACT: 28
~28 college hours by HS graduation
Major: Allied Health

FFA, many orgs and awards, lots of volunteer hours, including in a hospital ICU over the summer which is in line with future career goals.

9 Likes

Congrats. Very well rounded application. They will do well! Welcome to Aggieland!

Thank you. Her test stats aren’t super high like the others I’ve seen accepted this week, but I’ll not question it and just be grateful! I hope it gives others hope!

2 Likes

@kaydeeloo congrats!
Are the college hours Dual Credit or AP?
Makes a difference. If AP, wait to accept any of them! If DC, they automatically get added.

Does anyone know how the students are notified to check their portal for an admissions update? Does the school send them an email or letter in the mail? I saw my daughter has the 7 tabs/acceptance but I want her to find out for herself that she got it in. It has been several days ago but she never received any communication from the school to tell her. Thanks!

@Sunshinerules as far as I know/remember, it’s up to students to check their portal often. A&M won’t ever send a notice for them to check anything. Once fully accepted, there will be some sort of email attachment/notification/link in her portal telling her.
She needs to get into the habit now, of checking portal (and tamu email, when she gets that) on a regular basis. All communication goes to the student.

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Yes there will be a snail mail that may take 2 weeks up to a month. It comes with official banners and the same letter of acceptance in AIS portal.
Other than that, you may want to remind your student to start housing application even though you want your student to find out, the priority goes by the date of paying the housing deposit.

1 Like

Thank you! Most are DC, but I will make sure she understands to wait to add her AP. My son is class of 21 so I am familiar with the issues that it causes with too many credits.

1 Like

As stated above, she can either check herself to see the “You’ve been admitted” update in AIS, or you can wait for the banner which will take a while and get her further behind on the housing application priority. If you go ahead and do the housing application for her in the meantime, she might figure it out before the banner comes because she will get all of the housing emails. No email comes (like other universities) that says you’ve been accepted though.

Thanks for this - gives me some hope. We are still waiting. My daughter is first quarter (14% but school will only report as quartile), 1480 SAT but with a 3.6 UW GPA. She’s a 4 year varsity athlete and musician so hoping we won’t have to wait until spring to find out if she made it in.

3 Likes

Also under my communications in AIS there was a copy of the acceptance letter I assume will be coming in the mail!

1 Like

It was in AIS under My Communications

1 Like

Thank you!

@aggiedentist96 the banner comes in the mail, I think you can print off your own letter from portal (at least that’s what we did in 2018).
Very little communication comes via mail-except the banner-everything is thru the Howdy Portal & TAMU email.

I got into general engineering today or yesterday. When do the financial aid and scholarship information come out?

1 Like

Financial Aid releases in Spring between Jan and April. And only after you file FAFSA.

Scholarship assume you fill them out during application, will between November and April. Check your email if some require scheduling interview.

Presidential Endowment for NMSF/NMS is automatic, between now and end of May.