Texas A & M Holistic Review Candidates for 2022

My daughter submitted her application in August, and just misses the top 10%….11% at a highly competitive school district…she is well rounded, very involved and scored a 29 and 1290 on ACT/SAT which does not cut it for academic admit scores….I am concerned Mays Business School will be filled before she receives word of her acceptance. Does anyone know if they make any decisions in December for Holistic Review candidates?

From what I have heard, review admits will start hearing in December. These are students with high rankings and good test scores. Based on your daughter’s stats, I say she has a good chance of hearing in December. Mays might already be capped by then, so it is good for her to have a strong second choice. I know that there are some majors outside of Mays that follow the curriculum closely.

I am a review admit too, and the wait is killing me! I hope and pray that I will hear in December as well. Best of luck!

@momadvisor69 my daughter has almost the exact same stats as your daughter. Top11.5%, 1280 SAT, I believe our district is competitive (ranked nationwide in US News, but also heard that doesn’t weigh much). It’s a bit of a mystery as to how admisssions views that.

There is tons of helpful info in the other thread that YourCollegeMom started about holistic review candidates. I believe in one of the last posts someone said they had contacted admissions and was told that review candidates are still on target for initially hearing back in December, but could be as long as February for some.

Best of Luck to your daughter! And to you as well @fivsmajor!

I have been told that 20% of Mays is held for Review Students - by numerous sources including Admissions. I don’t know whether they hold the spots and let the kids in December or if the review candidates find out earlier.

@FingersCrossedAgMom thank you!

@TexasStudent2018 I have heard that they save room in Mays for review admits, but I have also heard that Mays gets capped around mid-November… so they might send out decisions for those review admits earlier than the rest

I was holistic with almost the same stats and heard around mid November! I’m a comm major but a close friend applied to mays and heard the same day.
Good Luck:)

I got a letter from A&M asking for IRS verification. Does that mean anything for me?

Just called the admissions office about decisions being released this Friday. They told me that there is no certain date, and it’s all rolling and we will know by the end of the month. So check everyday, fingers crossed, pray! I applied in September, so I’m just as anxious (and impatient) good luck to everyone.

@aggieforlyyyfe Calling Admissions is futile but people still do it. They will never give a specific date for release and if they do, it has always been wrong. By March 1 is the published date, though there is the anecdotal mention of someone “they knew” who heard after March 1, which may actually happen, but most review applicants receive a decision in February, based on the past two admission cycles.

That said, a bulk of decisions came out on the 3rd Friday of February the past two years and in 2020, UT and A&M had big releases that same Friday. More trickled out after that but there were all kinds of decisions, across all majors (except engineering for 2021). For class 2019, there are only 30 pages on 1 results thread (how far we have come in 3 years!) and bulk of decisions were released the Week of Feb 9-13 and internationals decisions around March 20. So, this time of year seems to be right on track with past years.