The Official UMiami Class of 2014 Early Action Admissions Decisions Thread

<p>Rodney: they do. My college advisor once told us sophomore year that “UM doesn’t look class rank from here”
:)</p>

<p>Accepted!!
College of Arts and Sciences
Prospective Majors: Biology & Spanish</p>

<p>Location: Michigan
SAT: 1430/2050
ACT: 34
GPA UW: 3.97
GPA W: 4.8

<p>Offered a Presidential Scholarship worth $24,000 a year for $96,000 for 4 years
Invited to Singer Scholarship Weekend</p>

<p>This definitely makes the U higher on my list! :)</p>

<p>Accepted After Applying Early Action
610R/790M/740W/8 SAT 2140T
31E/36M/35R/34S ACT 33C
4.00UW/4.52+W</p>

<p>$24k/yr + Singers Invite</p>

<p>See y’all in February!</p>

<p>Accepted:
College of Arts and Sciences</p>

<p>Home State: Nebraska
ACT: 34
GPA UW: 3.88
Full IB diploma candidate</p>

<p>Scholarship:$24,000 a year + Singer Scholarship invite</p>

<p>Still waiting in Colorado. Maybe they sent out all the Singer qualified acceptances first. It seems like all of you accepted so far have great stats. Congratulations to all of you!</p>

<p>Yeah, i think that’s true. I’m still waiting here in Miami. I’m waiting for the mail now as I type lol. Congrats</p>

<p>Son Accepted
College of Business</p>

<p>Home State: NJ
SAT:1490/2210
GPA:4.6/5 weighted top 1%</p>

<p>24K per year + Singer invite</p>

<p>Accepted</p>

<p>TN
ACT: 35
GPA: 4.0 UW/4.4 UW
3/486 rank</p>

<p>24k per year + Singer invite</p>

<p>Accepted to Arts and Sciences</p>

<p>Ohio
SAT: 1530 / 2250
GPA: 3.97 / 4.46

<p>24K per year and Singer invite-- so excited!!</p>

<p>Has anyone been accepted yet and not gotten the Singer invite? Maybe they are doing those first.</p>

<p>mamajay: that’s what I was thinking. Maybe they send out the acceptances with merit scholarships first. I don’t expect to get a merit so I’m hoping by tomorrow or Saturday I’ll get my decision.</p>

<p>@mamajay and erical12
it seems as if they are only sending out the singers first, so let’s hope to hear soon, maybe tomorrow or saturday, but definitely by monday</p>

<p>ACCEPTED to the College of Arts & Sciences
Prospective Major: Political Science</p>

<p>Offered 24k/yr + invitation for Singer Scholarship (full tuition)</p>

<p>3.74/5.67 GPA
1470/2220 SAT
33 ACT
7 AP exams taken (all passed); 6 to go
Solid EC’s and recommendations</p>

<p>ACCEPTED FROM NEW YORK, CALLED, GUY WAS REALLY NICE AND TOLD ME ON THE PHONE</p>

<p>offered new scholarship called Dickinson Scholarship - 20k a year</p>

<p>3.62UW
32 ACT
7 APs
solid ec’s</p>

<p>oh, so you can call the admissions people and ask for the decision? never thought of that…</p>

<p>I’ve been too afraid to call because I feel like they’d think I’m a pain in the butt or something and tell me to just wait.</p>

<p>it took me so long to finally get a decision haha, they kept transferring me to voicemails, finally i called back and i got an admissions officer on the phone and he was able to tell me
he also told me that decisions are supposed to be posted online tonight or tomorrow morning</p>

<p>it took me so long to finally get a decision haha, they kept transferring me to voicemails, finally i called back and i got an admissions officer on the phone and he was able to tell me
he also told me that decisions are supposed to be posted online tonight or tomorrow morning</p>

<p>thanks for the info… and congrats on the acceptance and the new scholarship! I’m so nervous and can’t wait to hear back. I’m debating whether I should call or just wait until tomorrow.</p>

<p>that seems like good news… oh, and congrats ,btw!</p>