Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@bsmdseekerskg I got it as a link in an email

@sajju786 I called them : )

Thanks…@Cherax

no i havent heard from UMKC yet. We should be getting notified at the end of this month. Good luck!

@sean1111

@sean1111 If you are inquiring about SLU presidential scholarship interview, believe it is being conducted in 2 batches. Last year we had on 22-24th Feb weekend and email invitation was received on 11th Jan. There were various check-in options, beginning with Thursday to as late as Friday evening. So hopefully this year info may release any day now.

@Greentree2000, My DS had an interview with NJIT in december.

Did not hear back from them yet, did anyone get NJIT interview results?

TCNJ is still conducting initial phone interviews. So, if you have not heard from NJMS, it’s okay…there is still time/opportunity.

@Greentree2000, My Daughter also attended the NJIT initial interview still waiting to hear from them.

Thank you guys !!! @sajju786 and @rk2017.
Update D just received her UPitt honors acceptance and looking forward for next step.

@whitecane In UPitt, is it necessary to get in honors college to be considered for BS/MD program?

Is UPitt honors acceptance needed for GAP program?

@bsmdseekerskg,@bsmdseeker2019 I am not sure may be any senior member might help with this question.

@whitecane , @bsmdseekerskg , @bsmdseeker2019 UIC GPPA has honors req for GPPA, but not vice a versa. So safe to assume direct programs are generally through honors route.

@PPofEngrDr Thank you.
According to website they accept only 400 per year…so it is good for GAP applicants to be admitted into their honors.

@PPofEngrDr SLU presidential notifications have started, as yesterday I got a call saying that I moved to the interview stage.

@BigMan1234 enjoy those 2-3 days, believe SLU is doing very good job to address concerns, questions with parents and campus is very good, personally we liked it. Take the opportunity, where you are meeting alum and current pres scholar students in open gathering, to address your questions. If remember correctly, because of just sheer volume of pres scholar interview invites, they conduct 2 separate 3-day events to cover all students.

@whitecane,

Congratulations on honors acceptance, good choice to have for undergrad.
Just to set the expectations right, It is a rather steep step from here to the interview stage of the program.
I am sure you were following the proceedings here, if not just search for Pitt to see the relevant posts.

Got an email today from TCNJ undergraduate for BS/MD. Looks like they are sending out interview requests

No need honor to get accepted into Pitt GAP. Actually , program does not recommend you take honor if you are in GAP since the pre-required courses are difficult enough. However, no curves if you are in GAP.