Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Thanks @NoviceDad for helping us in this forum! Your support and guidance means a lot. I’m so lucky to have this forum support.

Rejection from TCNJ in Mail.

@sunitacarmen I got the rejection today for amc

@kyrietonyk

Thx. And when did you submit the amc/Union medschool supplement?

@hoop897
I called BU and was told last interview date is February 8th with two backup days in the following week just in case.

@sunitacarmen I submitted it 12/18

BU SMED BSMD interview dates - They will interview total of 80 candidates on four days (Friday January 25, Monday January 28, Thursday January 31, and Friday February 8). 2 backup dates Feb 14 and 15 for snow outs.

Anyone know BU sent out all of 80 invites?

@101study101 Regarding dual credits/AP credits, it depends on the college policy. DD got total 65 credits from college courses (taken during high school) and AP tests at the start of Freshman year. She was unofficially a Junior when she started out.

Does anyone know anything about Northwestern, Brown, Drexel, Rice, or Upitt BSMD? Any known histories for when they send out letters: either acceptance or rejection?

Northwestern - I’m not sure
Brown - comes out with your admissions decision
Rice - I’m not sure
UPitt BS/MD - they will send you a separate portal to apply. The application is due one month after you get the portal. Not sure when interviews are offered. All final decisions are made by the second week of April, according to the FAQs.

Got invited for AMC interview.

@TTV2018 what was the topic given to your D during the group discussion part of Union/AMC interview? Can you please share her experience and how she would have prepared if she had to do the interview again.

Thank you.

@TTV2018

Does the University of Illinois at Chicago GPPA program accept out of state? Also, when is their application deadline/interviews?

No, it is only in-state.

Anyone have advice for phone interviews? I’m usually better at in-person ones, not sure how to approach the ones over the phone. Thanks in advance!

Does AMC prefer in-state candidates ??

@CaDad2019
Did you get AMC interview for a Feb date ?

@bsmdseeker2019 AMC is a private institution and doesn’t have an instate preferance.

@Kitty1002
You are welcome