Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@sajju786 , thank you

I just had my interview for Caldwell/NJMS. I think it went okay; could definitely have gone better, but hopefully I got across fine.
Good luck to everyone!

@whitecane
UMKC -
~60-65% in-state;
~25-30% neighboring states (Arkansas, Kansas, Illinois, Nebraska or Oklahoma); ~10-15% rest

@NoviceDad Thank you.
So approximately 40 to 55 people might be interviewed from OOS.

@whitecane
I believe They invite ~300 for interviews and select about ~100

@whitecane ~33% is regional acceptance rate (UMKC invites ~100 regional for interview and ~30 gets selected). For OOS it is ~15%, invites about ~85 but only ~15 gets selected.
Total ~350 interview invites. Final class size 110-115, comprise of 60-65 from instate, 30-35 from regional states and 10-15 from OOS.

@redcloud17 Congrats for your interview! what questions did they ask you?

@NoviceDad and @PPofEngrDr
Thank you.

btw - called Boston, they said they are still sending interviews out through January and into some of February

Hi everyone, Iā€™ve been lurking on this forum but never created an account until nowā€¦

My situation: For now Iā€™ve interviewed with Drew (online interview), and will interview with Stevens (Skype interview) and Union/AMC in February. Rejected pre-interview from Baylor, Penn State, & UPitt.

Has anyone else interviewed with Drew (feeder for NJMS) and heard anything back from them? My interviewer told me they would get back to me mid-January but I havenā€™t gotten anything. With all the recent NJMS interviews that have been sent out, Iā€™m starting to get unhopeful that Iā€™ll get anything. Also, anyone have any info on the Union/AMC interview format?

@Greentree2000 They asked me about why I chose the accelerated program, why Caldwell, why NJMS, my biggest accomplishment, what I would do if I didnā€™t get inā€¦

@zsxBSMD2019, you mentioned you got rejected from UPitt? did you receive a letter/email? rejected from Honors? or GAP?. Even you are rejected from honors, you will be still considered for GAP program.

Has anyone recieved any interviews from UIC for GPPA Med programā€¦I got email UIC GPPA Med interviews been sent starting Jan 15thā€¦

@zsxBSMD2019 I interviewed for Drew and TCNJ. I havenā€™t heard back anything yet from NJMS.

I felt great about the TCNJ interview (the person who I spoke with was very kind and said she loved me; said I had a pretty good shot of being interviewed by NJMS)ā€¦ and I really felt at home at the campus. The students I spoke with were also amazingly supportive and so down to earth. Their new biology building was also amazing. I would love to go to that school if I got in, to be completely honest.

But something about Drew just felt a bit off. The interview went wellā€¦ but itā€™s very close to home for me (coming from Northern NJ) meaning Iā€™d have to still live with mom and dad ā€¦ and I didnā€™t really enjoy the feel of the campus. Just as a note to keep in mind - Drewā€™s campus is pretty small and located in a suburban town. Itā€™s close to some other colleges like Farleigh Dickinson, County College of Morris, etc. I just didnā€™t really feel at home thereā€¦ and I didnā€™t feel the same connection I felt from TCNJ. I really donā€™t think I wouldā€™ve had the true ā€œcollegeā€ experience there. The academics are nice and the people are friendlyā€¦ but I dunno. Maybe just isnā€™t the best for me.

That being said, I was still very honored and thankful Drew offered me an interviewā€¦ but I would suggest that you should also take a trip to Drew and take a look for yourself. Sure, itā€™s a guaranteed medical degree - but remember that the goal of the USā€™s system of undergrad/grad school (unlike Sweden and other EU nations) is to make sure you grow and mature intellectually and personally before entering the ā€œreal world.ā€ Thereā€™s a lot to be said about an environment that can help you get to that pointā€¦ and only you can be the judge of what is right for you. Take a visit before you make any final decisions (forgetting about the whole guaranteed 7-yr aspect of it). Not trying to dissuade you or anything.

@mk1901ā€¦yes we did visit the Drew Campus in summer, my S didnā€™t like it me neither so we didnā€™t apply through Drewā€¦

Didnā€™t apply ā€“ they also only have a thousand undergrads, a bit too small for me.

@bsmdseekerskg I asked a representative from Pitt (who had reached out to me regarding a nearby information session) to check on my application status for GAP. They checked and told me that I was not selected to continue in the application process, so I didnā€™t even get the supplemental for that one, unfortunately.

@mk1901 Thanks for the insight! Since I didnā€™t visit the campus (planning to do all my campus visits after moving further along on the application processes), youā€™ve given me a lot of information that I wouldnā€™t have known otherwise. But yes, if I am fortunate to be accepted to Drew/NJMS, I will definitely be visiting the campus and taking in consideration many different aspects, beyond just the 7-year medical program part of the deal (though that is very appealing).

Based on last years trend, we might hear from CWRU on this Saturday. They will send an email on Friday to check the portal on Saturday for the status update.

REMS might also come out by Monday, and possibly few select folks might hear from HPME by end of this month (rolling basis).

Lotā€™s of good programs in the pipeline. Good luck to everyone!

@GoldenStateDad Do you know any stats for CRWU & REMS regarding how many get called for interviews and how many get accepted? And if interview is all on one day or spread out over several days?