Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Does anyone have any tips for the REMS interview next week (!!) ? Or just format-related info:)

@rk2017

UPitt remains an enigma.

I know of cases from Western PA - students on valedictorian track, ACT=36, SAT II = 800, NIH level/ comparative level research, volunteering, etc. - still NOT being called for interviews.

It seems they penalize you if you are in-state.
UPitt receives more than $150 million from PA state budget and they have what is known as a “state-related” status just like Penn State and Temple.
One part of me wants to call PA Senators and make UPitt answer their rationale for out-of-state preference.

I am happy for 9 (and counting) folks on this forum have made the interview round.
All the very best to them.

VVTUAV
Congrats
As you can see, MD schools are not looking for the perfect 4.0, the sat 1600 and act 34 plus, they want people who are involved and can talk to people and be a leader
 I felt your Results posting showed this teaching CPR, all the extra stuff

Society wants doctors who are great extroverts(friendly social) but deep introverts(think hard and plan well).
Congrats!!!
I loved Penn state and Jeff 
enjoy the foot ball if you go there
WE are

Penn state

@NoviceDad,

Yes it is enigmatic. I suppose the student (s) you are referring about with perfect stats are from this cycle. Also, I guess Pitt med school doesn’t give much discount to PA residents in med school, charging almost same as for every else.
Yes, you may want to talk to the senators’ office or something :-). Not too long ago UC Berkeley changed their admissions policies after a scathing report by the state auditor alleging that they were showing preference to oos applicants who bring in a lot of revenue in the form of higher tuition.

Thank you everyone for their input about Seton HAll medical school. Is UG GPA requirement 3.7 is really high or attainable?

Withdrawing applications/ interviews:

Folks - if you have multiple acceptances and you are CERTAIN you will NOT go to a certain college, please CONSIDER withdrawing your applications / interview invites from that college.
Hypothetical example, you have acceptance from PSU/Jeff and you are CERTAIN you do NOT want to go to Drexel, please consider withdrawing from DREXEL interviews.

This may potentially help others who are still waiting for an interview invite.

@dd0106,
3.7 shouldn’t be a daunting task at a school like Seton Hall as long as the student continues to be responsible and not take things for granted.

Thank You

Hey everyone,
Is it generally true that GPA, test, scores, other application stuff are all effectively out of play once an interview is received and pretty much everything rides on the interview from that point on?

@bsmdadmit,

Refer to @GoldenRock 's response some time ago on this (and the preceeding and proceeding posts as well to get a picture).

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/21882338/#Comment_21882338

@rk2017 thank you!

Hi folks, did anyone have St. Bonaventure SBU/GW interview and do we know what is the MCAT requirement in this BS MD program.

Folks has anyone received an update on medschool interview for the W&J/temple program? We phone interviewed with W&J but haven’t heard anything beyond that. Thx

Folks heard that VCU is still sending interview invites dates being late February/Early March did any one recently received interview invites ??? Is there any waitlist for interview invites as well ?

@screenshot

Reach out to @MaMaTEN
They received SBU/GW invite.

@whitecane VCU had four dates in early February. They interviewed 64 I believe. They will give results by March 1.

@MaMaTEN
Thank you.Yes that was what the dean of admissions told us on our interview day.Some people seem to get late invites lately or they might have faked the false news.

Are Hofstra invites all sent out?

@sajju786
Did you hear anything from NU-HPME yet?
Can we still keep hopes alive for NU-HPME or is it gone by now

@themedgirl1 Doesn’t seem like. I was told last week that in next 2 weeks it will be sent.