Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Congrats @ekballerbsmd2019

My S telephone interview went well with Rutgers University for BS/MD today. At the end he was told that his application will be forwarded to NJMS and then NJMS will decide regarding an in person interview for Med School.

@sajju786 How was your S contacted by Rutgers. I submitted my file by mail by the deadline but still have not heard anything yet.

@NoviceDad,

What I mean by alternate careers or choices are like Bio medical engineering, dual programs like in UPenn with life sciences and management concentrations, physician assistant (who I guess can perform most of the functions a physician can). That way they can still continue and contribute to the wide and varied medical field or if they have a change of mind can branch off to something totally different (like the UPenn program). I wouldn’t personally recommend doctoral programs in pure sciences like cell and molecular biology or general biology and such, even though they can have implications to medicine, the path is too arduous and people seem to be taking for ever to establish themselves in the fields. That’s what I advised D.

@BigMan1234 we received an email last week for a telephone interview by Rutgers for today.

Any one has any update on Stevens, NJIT and Caldwell ?

Did you get a phone call or by email? Thanks!

BU notified by email or a phone today?

I didn’t get one

Has anyone gotten Augusta BSMD part 2 yet?

Does anyone know what types of questions are asked in the BU BA/MD program interview?

@123wz321 We got the supplemental app from Augusta last Friday.

@28739collegegirl did you or anyone else receive an interview invite?

For BU that is

@NoviceDad @GoldenStateDad, @GreenPoison, @rk2017 and @grtd2010
Thank you all for your kind advice. You guys are very helpful. How about Baylor??? we are out of state. Thx

@hoop897

Refer to my post #857 that I had posted earlier.

@rk2017
For regular undergrad pre-med, plan B or alternative career has to be from the freshman year itself. Otherwise by the time you apply to med schools, it may be too late.

If you are doing say Bio major, you cannot just switch to Bio-medical Engineering in your junior or senior year (in case you cannot make it). You will need to cover the prerequisites and that will add time to graduation.

All

Penn/Jeff interviews are set for Jan 16 - a full month earlier than last year.

All the very best to all selected students.

@TheElusiveGod
In your bs/md batch, how many students are there?
We are hearing 45 accepted the offer.

@NoviceDad Agree with your suggestion to plan for an alternate career from the freshman year. You may have to take more than normal load/semester to complete in 4 yrs.