Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

For folks interested in liberal arts /pre-med, Vassar College in NY is a good college.
Their incoming class is about 700 students.
Their pre-med students are generally smaller in number and I have heard they stick together.
They also offer aid.

I have no clue on its deadline.

@28739collegegirl
Did you get the phone call from BU?
Can anyone tell me if we get a unknown caller Id if we get a call from BU.Today D received 2 missed calls from unknown caller Id so want to make sure we did not miss any updates.Do they send email or update portal if we miss any calls.

@whitecane I got two missed calls today as well… What was the area code of yours?

@Cherax it is 415.

Mine were 732.

Neither are Boston area codes though so I think we’re okay.

Reg BU - BU is going to call on a rolling basis. If you are in the first list of shortlisted students, expect a call by this weekend, before they go on a break starting 12/22. If you do not hear this week, you still are in the race as they expect to call through mid/end of Jan.

No longer you can make any location identification based on area code. Hope the colleges (like BU) who make phone calls also send the email.

415 is a popular choice! Regular MD, Dell acceptance this year came from 415 (San Francisco)!

LOL this detective work is getting crazy.

If the Drexel app was not forwarded to the med school by now does this mean rejected?

@GoldenStateDad, D received email yesterday with interview details from BU, D first got a phone call to confirm availability for interview, and then BU sent email by next working day.

Here is the reply from BU
*************…
Thank you for contacting Boston University Undergraduate Admissions.

We will start to call students for interviews starting in late December all the way into February for the Accelerated Medical Program. These calls take place on a rolling basis from our office.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply to this email or call 617-353-2300 to speak with an Enrollment Service Advisor.

@cy2019bsmd Congratulations! What interview dates were given to you for BU? Thanks!

Among BS-MD programs, Rice and Brown offer best general undergrad education as a bonus. If you have options, keep that at mind.

Folks circling back on the CNSU 3+4 program. I’ve seen negative posts on it in the past. Have views changed? Thx

@sunitacarmen Not much has changed. Since you are from CA, you might want to visit and see what kind of UG experience it provides. Also, check what kind (if any) of patient exposure they receive. I heard that in the last 4 years, they had no patient contact, while you are there, verify their med school accreditation etc. Finally, please use your/family discretion on CNSU.

Not received any update from anywhere except amc and njit.

@whitecane Yes i did. They have the area code 617.

Yes

@ZacharyGelfond yes

@sunitacarmen @GoldenStateDad initially we got admission from CNU for 3+4yrs track about a month ago we did not respond and we got email yesterday for admission to 2+4yrs track…
We are going to bypass that as my son go interview from BU and supplements from RPI/AMC and Augusta.
Also as in state he is already accepted to UIC Honors in Chicago waiting to receive 7yrs med UIC-GPPA interview.