To All Our CC Friends and Family in Sandy's Path

<p>Peachtide: just saw this on one of my NJ Shore blogs that I follow: </p>

<p>"#njsandy Getting bombarded by questions asking, “How come you’re not reporting the story about the non-union workers from Alabama getting turned away from Seaside Heights?” Here’s why: All media reports that are currently circulating are only going off one source (WAFF.com). Jersey Central Power & Light spokesman Ron Morano told News12 that JCP&L has accepted help from all crews. “We have not turned away any help,” he said. “Absolutely not.”</p>

<p>The morning news in Washington DC interviewed a Alabama crew this morning. :)…they said they are there to help!</p>

<p>I am heading out to attempt some food shopping today, when I travel I like to run my supplies down right before a trip and then start fresh. Not next-time, I will lay in supplies instead.
Anyone who needs assistance… food (if I find any), heat, power, just PM me. We have power and heat, so if you want to warm up…
It is going to be a strange week.</p>

<p>Thank goodness the weather is still mild.</p>

<p>I’m so glad to hear your home is more intact than not. Safe time out today. Prayers of gratitude for your situation and still holding strong thoughts/prayers for those who have lost homes and lives.</p>

<p>prospective parent here</p>

<p>We are still without power, but thankful the roof is intact.</p>

<p>We have friends both from the Jersey shore and outside of NY. It puts things in perspective when our friends are happy to be couch hoping with all of us who are without electric.</p>

<p>As for that article, we here on Long Island are thrilled to have the power crews from Alabama. Those New Jersey union bastards can rot in the dark.</p>

<p>I can’t imagine how bad the East Coast was hit. We live 500 miles away near Cleveland Ohio and just got power last night. The winds hitting off Lake Erie were close to 70mph. And lasted overnight. Powerless for 4 days. Lost a section of roof. No big deal.</p>

<p>Our power company sent many crews to the East Coast before Sandy hit. </p>

<p>Thankful it wasn’t worse and praying for all those still dealing with Sandy!</p>

<p>Huntsville is denying the claim that the power companies were turned away</p>

<p>[Huntsville</a>, Joe Wheeler utilities deny claims of union discrimination during Sandy response (update) | al.com](<a href=“Huntsville, Joe Wheeler utilities deny claims of union discrimination during Sandy response (update) - al.com”>Huntsville, Joe Wheeler utilities deny claims of union discrimination during Sandy response (update) - al.com)</p>

<p>I was born a Jersey girl and am literally heartbroken over the devastation and pain my family - and the people in my home state and surrounding area - is going through.</p>

<p>I am so glad to see that there is not a problem with the crews heading up north! Thanks for the updated article!</p>

<p>A week to prepare and where is FEMA?</p>

<p>[Residents</a> in Rockaways, Brooklyn complain of lack of assistance after Hurricane Sandy - NYPOST.com](<a href=“http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/left_in_the_muck_nKt2UDi527OclxfSCKnPrM]Residents”>Residents in Rockaways, Brooklyn complain of lack of assistance after Hurricane Sandy)</p>

<p>Finally got power last night after 8 days. Many nearby are still in the dark.</p>

<p>And now it’s snowing. We have a coastal storm with high winds and heavy snow. There will be more power outages, and more coastal flooding. Not to mention the long gas lines since most stations are empty.</p>

<p>Last year we had a hurricane and an earthquake a week apart. Now we have a hurricane and a blizzard a week apart. When did Mother Nature become bipolar?</p>

<p>I laugh only so I won’t cry.</p>

<p>Glad to hear that you have power! We never appreciate it so much as when it isn’t there!</p>

<p>Stay warm now!</p>

<p>There were heavy rains with buffeting winds earlier today, and then the snow began…wet and heavy. We are covered in icy snow, and they are predicting more power outages tonight when the winds reach the 60 mile an hour mark. I keep hearing bad news… houses flooded, houses condemned, roof off, trees down and still no gas. A little gas trickles in, but the lines are 3 hours long. I had a little gas in my car from before the storm and I am not driving. Supermarkets have aisles that are closed from lack of food. All the fresh and frozen food had to be discarded and supplies are slow to arrive. What a mess.</p>

<p>Rbmom, hang in there. It must be terrible in LI. The snow is just adding insult to injury. Hope things get better soon.</p>

<p>Thanks :slight_smile: Roll Tide</p>

<p>I have 4 inches of heavy wet snow, several trees down including one on my car, and no power again. Found a spare gallon of gas from my pressure washer, so I can avoid the gas lines for another day or two. </p>

<p>So jealous of DS in Alabama.</p>

<p>I am so very sorry y’all are suffering so! Talked to DD#1 last night after her car service skated her home to Brooklyn in the snow (public transportation to and from Brooklyn exists but is challenging). She has been blessed to have power and no flooding but trying to wrangle a major tv show for CBS (Elementary on Thursday nights) when the execs in LA only see $$$$ has been pretty stressful for a 33yr old (she is the youngest production coordinator in the business). Over 1/2 her staff has no electricity, the ability to shower ect. She said that she’s feeding 150 three times a day and when she calls restaurants for food they don’t have any.<br>
She sent a text attached to the update weather forecast that said…"in one word (and there there was a word I can’t put here :/). I am praying for all of you who are suffering so…God Bless!</p>

<p>A follow-up to the power company discussion. </p>

<p>[Sandy</a> | Energy saving tips, paperless billing, outdoor lighting, appliance center, EnergyDirect, property management tools and AmazingAlabama business relocation help. | Alabama Power](<a href=“http://alabamapower.com/sandy.asp]Sandy”>http://alabamapower.com/sandy.asp)</p>

<p>"Many of the families affected by Sandy were worried about our crews and how they sacrificed being away from home. One radio station listener texted to Pierre Robert with WMMR-FM an idea for showing appreciation for the crews.</p>

<p>It wasn’t home cooking, but “Sweet Home Alabama” was enough to set off a chain reaction. A couple of employees heard the dedication, and immediately got on their SouthernLINC radios to alert the rest of their deployed crewmates. Before the song was over, all of the Alabama Power crews within range were singing along in their trucks:</p>

<p>“We changed the radio station in time to hear ‘Sweet Home Alabama’ … the dedication of the song brought tears to our eyes. I tell you that all of the APC employees up here who heard the dedication were moved! Then listeners started doing shoutouts to the other crews from other companies. The people up here have been fantastic to us!” – Alabama Power employee Robyn Vance.”</p>

<p>Pierre is the kindest person I ever met. So glad he could kick off something that shows we DO have Brotherly Love up here.</p>