Transfer Application

Congratulations!!! @colombian10

Hey @charlottelol1, how did you sort out the financial aid situation since you’re going? I was admitted as a transfer too, but I’m scared I might not be able to attend because of the cost.

@Sparkss Hey! I just saw this now, sorry. I received a 14k merit scholarship per year. I just found out last week. To check to see if you got one, go on CaneLink, to “Student Center” and then to “Communication Center.” They might be announcing merit scholarships in batches, though. They haven’t announced financial aid yet, but I believe that will be announced this week, in the same location, in the Communication Center.

Is there a facebook for accepted student? My D just got accepted and does not know anyone

@Yogawithkaren Hi! There’s a “UMiami TSA” page, which stands for the Transfer Student Association. This page promotes events for transfer students who enroll, to meet other transfer students and get involved. Besides of this, I don’t believe there’s any other specific transfer groups. Although, there are closed groups “University of Miami: Class of 2018 (Official)” and “University of Miami: Class of 2017.” I’d have her request access to these; they’re invite only, but someone will accept her. (The invites show up on the side of the page for anyone in the group to accept). On these pages, current students post about anything-- an upcoming pool party that students want other students to attend, philanthropy events, people trying to sell tickets, people looking for roommates…etc. As for you, there’s a Facebook group specifically for parents: “Cool Parent Group (UMiami)”. Hope this helps!

@Sparkss did you check?

Thanks for letting us know about the Facebook group. My D Lauren, is on a plane now going to Miami from New York to see how she likes it… I will have her check out the Facebook group…ms he’s deciding between several schools or may even stay at her LAC. We will see after the weekend!!

No problem, good luck! @Yogawithkaren If she decides on going, you can message me her Facebook name and I’ll add her and talk to her :slight_smile:

@charlottelol1 Can you chance me as a transfer?

• I'm going into UM with 59 credits
  • I have a 3.49 or 3.6 GPA (depends)
  • I work with my university's Athletics program
  • I am a member of Delta Epsilon lota Honor Society

Also when is the best time to apply for UM as a transfer? And when do decision come out? Is it rolling decisions? Any feedback would be great thanks :slight_smile:

Can you guys chance me as a transfer?

• I'm going into UM with 59 credits
  • I have a 3.49 or 3.6 GPA (depends)
  • I work with my university's Athletics program
  • I am a member of Delta Epsilon lota Honor Society

Also when is the best time to apply for UM as a transfer? And when do decision come out? Is it rolling decisions? Any feedback would be great thanks