Transfer Between Schools at UW-Madison

I’m an incoming freshmen for the fall 2018 semester. I was looking to pursue a major in Mathematics, but now I’m not so sure. Ever since I’ve been accepted into the college of letters & science, I’ve actually taken an interest in accounting. The thing is, accounting is in the business school of UW, so I was wondering if I could transfer? Is there a whole process for this? Or do I just have to speak with an advisor?

Look at the School of Business requirements for accounting. You will need to apply to and be accepted to the business school. The website will give you the details.

I can only speak from my son’s experience. He initially applied to college as an intended business/accounting major. Wasn’t initially accepted to business school. After 2 years, he is veering off a little bit from accounting (but still getting CPA.) He’s glad he wasn’t limited with a strict business degree (even though he had the opportunity to move over to the business school at his university). So, my advice is to stay where you are for a little bit and see if it’s really the right place for you. If not, you’ll have time to apply & move over to the business school.

BTW, my daughter has been accepted to UW L&S for fall 2018 too! She’s most likely a Badger.

Congratulations to you on your acceptance to a wonderful university!!!