Transfer Chances/Housing

<p>Hi, I'm looking to transfer and submitted my application January 7th. Would anyone mind "chancing" me?</p>

<p>Freshman at prestigous (top 10 liberal arts college)
Fall Semester Grades: 3.67
High School Grades: 3.7
ACT: 32
Good ECs/One good rec. from high school history teacher</p>

<p>Also, I'd love to hear any potential transfers' housing plans for next year.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Definitely in! good luck transferringsoon!</p>

<p>I'm also a freshman who's applying for sophomore transfer and I would also like to hear where prospective transfer students are planning on living next fall!</p>

<p>Apartments</a> Downtown Madison Wisconsin : Lucky Apartments WI : Apartments UW Madison
*Lucky Apartments (private housing) located at 777 University ave</p>

<p>Lucky101</a> | Campus Connect | Student Housing at UW-Madison
*Lucky Apartments (private housing) specifically for first year and transfer students </p>

<p>Leaving</a> Facebook... | Facebook
*Statesider (private housing)</p>

<p>Leaving</a> Facebook... | Facebook
*Towers (private housing)</p>

<p>University</a> Housing - Tripp Hall
*Tripp Hall are dorms for transfer students</p>

<p>Division</a> of University Housing - Communities
*The rest of the university dorms</p>

<p>If I do get accepted I was planning to live in the dorms. Thanks for the links. Do a good number of transfer students live in dorms? And do most live in doubles? Also if you're randomly placed is it definitely with another transfer or do they put transfers with freshmen? Thanks!</p>

<p>Just curious.... why are you transferring to UW? I also transferred to UW from a small LAC and find the large class sizes frustrating and impersonal. I don't mean to discourage you b/c for many reasons it is great to be a Badger, but why the attraction to UW?</p>

<p>Get further along in your degree your classes shrink enormously.</p>

<p>Seriously, last semester I only had 1 class with more than 20 people. Out of 5. I'm pretty sure the average student/teacher ratio is 29:1. If you are feeling as if you are lacking personal connection you're not trying hard enough, as every professor I've tried to engage with has been incredibly receptive. Look for seminars and utilize your discussion sections.</p>

<p>I guess I have heard this from other people too, but have not experienced it. I am a junior and have not had a class (aside from German) that had less than 100 people in it. It just makes is extremely difficult to approach a professor. Also, tests have been all scantron, with the exception of German and lit classes. It is very frustrating taking scantron econ/bio, etc exams. </p>

<p>I am an econ major. perhaps this major is so overwhelmed with students there are no small classes?</p>

<p>^^ I am transferring as an Econ Major. How difficult do you find the material so far at Madison?</p>

<p>I'm still deciding but I actually want to transfer to get away from the small school atmosphere. I do like the school I'm at but it feels so small that I don't want to spend four years here. I'm excited about the prospect of meeting more people and being part of a larger community. I don't actually think the large class sizes will really bother me, so far my favorite class here has been the biggest class I took (granted it was around 45 people). People that I have talked to at Wisconsin seem to agree with MNBadger and say that if you try hard enough to get involved through office hours or discussion sections it doesn't feel as overwhelming/impersonal.</p>

<p>Anyone else chances??</p>

<p>A 3.67 GPA from a top LAC should be good enough. Look into honors classes; they are
smaller and usually have better profs.</p>

<p>In for sure. Good luck.</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies!</p>