Transfer/internships

<p>Is it really true that while studying at George Mason University, there are a lot of internships in DC, VA?<br>
I got accepted into Virginia Tech, UVA, and George Mason University. I'm doing Computer Science major at college, however I may not be able to afford VT and UVA, and Im considering GMU (cheaper, a fairly good school) for transfer . But is it true that a student can get a lot of internship opportunities or is this just a university's "brainwashing" of students ?</p>

<p>I’d imagine that GMU could get you a good amount of DC internships. The school is less reputable than UVA and VT, but GMU alumni are heavily represented in the DC area. </p>

<p>If you can’t afford VT or UVA, then attend GMU. </p>

<p>Schools almost always have great representation in their immediate area, so if you are dead set on working there it may be a good decision. Also if you can’t afford somewhere else without crippling debt then it is a good decision.</p>

<p>VT has good representation in the DC area as well, though, so you’ll likely have some good options. I was offered a DC area internship when I was at VT, and when I visited the area I saw VT paraphernalia all over the place.</p>