Trasfer to engineering at TMAU

Can anyone please tell me, i have 3.65 GPA in lonestar and i applied to tmau for fall 2019. They audited my gpa and my final gpa was 3.34. And i got denied. Do i have a chance if i reaply for spring 2020? I also got admitted to ut dallas and uh for electrical engineering so i will be transfering from uh or utd to tmau. Also i have close to 80 credit hours. Please tell me your suggestions.

@lashani Have you followed the A&M transfer Course Sheet at all? The minimum GPA to be considered is 3.5 and the maximum transferable credit hours is 64, meaning you can’t have over 64 credit hours as a transfer student. So, with your 80 credit hours, and below 3.5 GPA, you are not eligible for transfering into the electrical engineering major. http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-transfer2018/ENG18-Electrical.pdf

You do have two great choices in UTD or UofH. Congrats on those.

@lashani TAMU is not an option now, but as thelma said, UTD and UofH are fantastic schools. Congrats… and just know that Engineering and business are two of the hardest, if not the hardest, majors to transfer into. You are not alone in this and it definitely won’t hold you back for the career you want! Best of luck!!!

@Thelma2 i applied to civil engineering and the max credit hours was 90 and the gpa was 3.0. And yes i already went through with requirements. Anyways thank you and good luck

@AggieMomhelp i am still enrolled for classes and ill be taking 11 credit hours currently so if i had all As and bump my GPA to 3.5 would i have a chance to engineering department?

@lashani That was my fault for assuming you applied electrical to A&M the same as you did for UTD and UofH. Applying to Civil makes more sense.

Having the minimum GPA for transfer is not always the most competitive applicant. That is just the minimum for them to even read it.

Getting into engineering at A&M is very competitive and some cycles easier than others. It just depends on the applicant pool you are up against and it comes down to how many spots are available and how many applied for those spots.

Since all freshmen are in general engineering, they are just now applying to their preferred majors. There are around 4300 freshmen engineering students. Not all of them will be eligible to get into a major for various reasons, and will apply again in the fall. These students have priority over internal and external transfers. Once the eligible freshmen are in their majors for the fall, they see how many spots are left and they go through the internal transfers. Once they have procresses those, they look at external applicants. there are some cycles where a specific major will take zero transfers and others maybe 5. Other cycles, a good number get in. There are just a lot of depends.

So, if you don’t get accepted, it is not that you aren’t a good student or any less capable or smart. Competition is tough and all competing for the same pots.