Trustee and Presidential Scholarship

@GaelRacer I’m sorry - definitely see why you’re disappointed. He sounds like a great applicant. And wow…OOS full-rides and over $1 million in merit so far – that’s downright amazing! What schools have been that generous with him? Are they schools that are considered competitors to Purdue?

@GaelRacer , I can see why you’re disappointed. My son has similar stats & we are out of state, but both of us are Purdue alumni. I didn’t expect a full ride for him but definitely was hoping for merit recognition of his high sat scores, high gpa, IB diploma, perfect score on SAT subject tests, perfect scores on AP tests, athletics, community service, etc…

We are trying to figure out what happened (he’s our oldest so hoping to learn from this and find schools with generous merit aid). We don’t qualify for need based financial aid but aren’t wealthy enough to not care about cost.

@MFHP96 The big money is coming from Central Florida, Texas Tech, Alabama, Oklahoma, Baylor, SMU, Mississippi State, and Ohio U and he is still waiting on the more competitive schools (very little if any merit aid). My son is primarily thinking Industrial Engineering and Business but this Purdue situation is making him think more about Business and Operations Research and less about engineering. He will hear on Monday about National Merit Finalist results. That could trigger another avalanche of merit aid.