UC Blue and Gold Scholarship

Hello!

I’m an incoming freshman at UCSD and I saw that I qualify for the UC Blue and Gold Scholarship bc my family makes less than $80,000 a year. The tuition at UCSD is around $14,700, so the Blue and Gold Scholarship would covet the whole $14,700? Even though the estimated amount of scholarship that UCSD is giving me is about $12,000 (the financial aids office said that the official financial aid document will show that my tuition will be covered) On top of that, I also received $6,000 of scholarship from 2 private companies. But the Blue and Gold Scholarship says that my entire tuition will be covered from grants, scholarships of all sources. Does that mean the $6000 of scholarship I got from the external organizations would actually lower the amount of scholarship UCSD is giving me??? If that’s the case, why did I try soooooo hard to get scholarships from these private companies??? Someone please explain…

Contact the financial aid office since outside scholarships can reduce your need and the the Blue and Gold scholarship is need based.

I will. Thank you! I was just dying from curiosity at midnight when the financial aids office was close.

https://fas.ucsd.edu/frequently-asked-questions/index.html says: