**uc davis class of 2025 discussion**

what does that mean? in the past have they done that close to releasing admission?

isnā€™t ucla releasing on the 19th? I highly doubt ucd would release on or after ucla

Davis posted this on their Instagram. looks like weā€™ll be waiting a few weeks longer

1 Like

While UCSB and UCB results dates seem so far away, atleast theyā€™re fixed. You know when to expect it. Why canā€™t the other UCs extend the same courtesy including davis. Every day is a state of anxiety and constantly checking portals.

7 Likes

Agree! I hate uncertainty!

Ugh I was hoping for results ASAP.

1 Like

No hidden meaning or clue but they usually update their promos/banners over the weekend. It may have been up all week and I just happened to notice it when looking for grad stuff yesterday.

I think this post directly suggests the 19th cause it says late mid and 26th would be too late.

ugh, so ucla and davis will be releasing on the same day? thatā€™s stressfulll

4 Likes

I think the post suggests ā€œmid-to-late March.ā€ :grinning:

Personally, I was hoping for today.

3 Likes

I maybe wrong, but historically didnā€™t the order of the release dates of the UCs roughly correspond to their rankings, with Cal and UCLA being last? If so, Iā€™d think that Davis would come out before UCLA. Then again, with Covid, all bets are off.

3 Likes

Perhaps the more ā€œprestigiousā€ UCā€™s are able to better navigate the influx of apps since their weed out process is more cut and dry. Davis may have a tougher time handling this and/or may not have as many AOs in place to move through the apps as quickly

Yes, thatā€™s correct! Early ones are UCI, UC Davis and UCSC (besides riverside and Merced of course)

Are we all still hoping for today or do you guys think todays bets are off? Ive been so worried all week for today and then the instagram post threw me all out of wack bahaha.

1 Like

UCI has the lowest admit rate after UCLA and UCB these days though.

Itā€™s not a perfect scienceā€¦just saying thatā€™s the usual order (easier ones to harder onesā€¦sorta)

Their instagram post was clear that decisions will not be given out today. Hard for all of you eagerly awaiting decisions (my son has sort of checked out of the waiting game in order to preserve his sanity!). Best you can, I would try to fill your mind with other things in the meanwhile, so it doesnā€™t weigh too heavily until then :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Mofos. ā€œKeep checking your portalā€??!!? Are they getting ad revenue for clicks? What the heck? Why donā€™t they just say, ā€œDonā€™t bother checking your portals until late next week, and by then weā€™ll give another update,ā€ or something?!?!?!

8 Likes

Exactly this. Pretty lame, really.

Lmao yeah I donā€™t get why UCs lead everyone on. Just tell us when itā€™s gunna be released and be done with it.

3 Likes