**uc davis class of 2025 discussion**

@nucities -

resurrecting this post from the fall. did your son ultimately apply to any private schools as well?

This is exactly what I wish they would do. My S and D both really preferred one, but you have to play the game now. S resisted, and only applied to the 2 that he could see himself at. D19 felt the pressure and applied to 6 of them. It’s so strange.

I completely agree with MommaLue regarding minors. I have a math minor and although I was proud to receive it, no one cares but me. I also took several EE classes (I was a CS major), so depending on the type of job for which I was applying, my resume would indicate “math minor” or “electrical engineering emphasis”. If you end up going to UCSC, which is a fantastic school and one you can be proud of, take the classes that support the minor you were hoping to receive and add to your resume “xxxx emphasis”.

1 Like

We went to that reception at the Fairmont two years ago too. :slight_smile:

I was there with D19 too! I just saw that the Fairmont closed down suddenly a few weeks ago and it reminded me of that day. D and I have the best time there.

1 Like

did the Davis office close early bc of Saint Patrick’s day or because they are releasing today? Irvine’s office of undergrad admissions closed earlier on the day they released.

2 Likes

I’m thinking tomorrow afternoon because I saw a tweet from someone who works at Davis yesterday morning that said decisions were gonna come out in the next few days. Next few days from Tuesday wouldn’t have been today so either Thursday or Friday. But leaning towards Thursday afternoon because typically admission offices release them in the afternoon instead of morning so the office saying Friday morning doesn’t sound right, unless decisions were out the afternoon before. Also, Friday seems really unlikely considering SD and LA are releasing then.

1 Like

I don’t think St. Patrick’s is recognized so it might be today

1 Like

SD is releasing on friday? weird for two UC’s to release the same day

Yeah true.

I believe that it happened last year where two released on the same day

It was pretty common with UCSD releasing their decisions on the same day as other UCs. I wouldn’t be surprised.

Well, I could be wrong about SD but UCLA on Friday for sure. It’s always historically the third Friday of March and I’m pretty sure it was confirmed. SD is so unpredictable right now because we thought it was going to be last Friday? And no confirmation or anything besides March 31st or before :confused:

praying for anything today

1 Like

I personally expect Davis to release their decisions very soon.

1 Like

any chance they release it today?

This is finals week. There are a lot of student workers in the admissions office so they may be short staffed this week. Next week is spring break for all UCs except for Berkeley and Merced.

I have a good feeling about either Davis or San Diego today. Then again no one expected Irvine this early.

1 Like

UCI has set a good example for other schools

1 Like

@DadDave I have to say I agree with you regarding community college being a great path. Not for every kid of course. My younger child chose to take a test called CHSPE ( in CA) given by the dept of education a few times a year. If you pass you can leave high school with a certificate that is “equivalent” to hs school diploma. She passed and finished out 10th grade and went straight to community college. Worked 30 hours a week and took 12 units a semester. Had a 4.0 there and applied to almost all the UC campuses as well as Cal Poly and SDSU. Was admitted everywhere but Cal ( likely due to lack of ECs at CC level). Offered regents scholarship at more than one campus. Chose UCLA and is graduating in June with a 4.0 in her upper division classes. She is happy with her choice to this day and never looked back. She got the campus experience for 5 months including dorms, parties, friends but unfortunately for her Covid put an end to that. When I see kids getting waitlisted and rejected out of high school with all the accomplishments and great stats and so much hard work with APs and ECs and SATs etc it really seems wrong to be rejected to these schools. Community college was great for my daughter and although a high achiever in HS and knowing there are some negative thoughts out there about being a loser if you attend one she didn’t see it that way. She felt she was basically assuring herself entrance into most of the UC campuses. Her hs counselor and teachers and the parents of her friends were shocked and worried for the choice but her dad and I knew she would get where she is today. Just wanted to add this comment for anyone who is interested in possibly taking the transfer route or have a sibling or child who may have thought about it. One of the many benefits was it saved an insane amount of money as well. Wishing everyone best of luck with your admissions decisions and a wonderful journey at whatever school is lucky enough to have you as students.

7 Likes