UC Davis Fall 2023: Transfer Thread

UCD had an admit rate of 58% with an admit GPA range of 3.44-3.89 last year. Your GPA is well within that range. Best of luck.

1 Like

Hello, everyone!
Major: Environmental Science and Management
GPA: 4.0 (might end up being around 3.9)
TAG or Alternate Major: No TAG
#of pre-requisites completed by Fall prior: All pre-reqs completed by end of Spring '23
Extracurriculars: Creek cleanups, tinkering, marksmanship, hiking
IGETC status: Missing one humanities class by end of '23
In-state/OOS/International: In-state
School Type: CCC
Income Bracket: Middle Class
Other: Graduated HS in '22, so lower division classes will be completed in just one year.

I also got invited to apply to the Regents Scholarship (and I did apply), so I’m hoping that means good news
It’s also good to see other people taking the one-year path as well!

2 Likes

Whoopsie, I should’ve specified that I applied to UCD only this year.

Major: Linguistics
GPA: .0 when I applied, 3.95 after the winter quarter
TAG or Alternate Major: No TAG, Design is my alternate major
Extracurriculars:

• Two Fellowship terms with a well-known education non-profit helping students in low-income areas with developing phonetical awareness. Received a conditional offer for the past fall, however, declined due to my work hours.
  • Past and current jobs, working 30 hours a week
  • Apart from an alumni-mentorship program for my past highschool
  • Apart from my college’s psychology club
  • Weightlifting trainer (casually)
  • Music Production
  • Language learner :))

IGETC status: Complete by the end of the winter quarter.
In-state/OOS/International: In-state
School Type: California Community College
Income Bracket: Low-income
Other (strengths, weaknesses, hooks,): Invited for Regents! However, this email was placed in my spam and I didn’t apply in time :(.

My GPA was a 4.0, not .0 haha.

1 Like

Do we know when transfer decisions might come out?

Ask Ms. Sun has guesstimates based on past decision dates for when decisions will be released - UC Transfer Application Timeline | Ask Ms. Sun (scroll to April)

.0 is the ultimate. Guaranteed admission! :smiley:

Saw someone make this chart for last year’s thread, so I wanted to update it and add it here.

1 Like

Thanks so much! We plan to visit UCD this Sunday and take my nephew (a freshman) out to lunch or dinner. We had hoped to visit Saturday but he said he was busy. Saw that the Picnic Day is this Saturday. Is that something all students participate in? Can you tell me more about what Picnic Day is?

Picnic day is a UC Davis Open house to students, families and the community.

Here is the events: Plan Your Visit!

Would surely take part if admitted as Transfer student
 but decision isn’t out yet. Maybe there’re surveillance cameras there to detect transfer candidates, they’ll be admitted if their faces show up? :smile:

1 Like

We are seriously considering attending Picnic Day. I think there is a really highly likelihood our son will be admitted and Davis is a definite yes if he doesn’t get into UCSB, and a 50% chance he will choose UCD over UCSB if he gets into both. So far he has gotten into UCI, UCR, UCSC, UCM.

Thoughts? If we plan to visit this weekend anyway, should we go on Saturday and take advantage of Picnic Day? Otherwise we will visit Sunday and hope our nephew is available to spend time with us, but that is not a guarantee that he will be available.

If you are planning to visit anyways, then I would definitely check out Picnic Day. Since it is an Open House and not specifically focused on admitted students, it is a fun day to enjoy all that UC Davis and the community has to offer. It will be crowded but the weather will be close to perfect to enjoy the best of Davis.

Could be today, could be tomorrow. I think my son is biting his nails
 wish him luck!

Anxiously waiting as well. At least they’ll come soon!

1 Like

if it’s today, what time will it be?

1 Like

From past data, most likely it will be on Friday, tomorrow. Berkeley decision will likely be tomorrow as well.

I’m in the same boat. Good luck to both of us

1 Like

Just checked the portal and I was accepted

1 Like