UC Davis Fall 2023: Transfer Thread

Just got accepted in computer science

1 Like

Accepted. Computer Science.

Accepted!
3.8 Linguistics

(has anyone heard about regents scholarship yet or does that come out later)

1 Like

Accepted Poli Sci 3.7 in state

1 Like

Accepted Economics 3.95 GPA

1 Like

accepted! poli sci!

2 Likes

Happy to say that my son got admitted today to Computer Science at UC Davis and UC San Diego. Thankful, and such a relief after a long wait. We are 1 hour from Davis and 8 hours from San Diego, it makes it a little tricky to SIR. Congratulations to all who are admitted!

1 Like

Accepted for Cognitive Science! 3.8 GPA

1 Like

Congrats to him! I also got accepted at UC Davis and UC San Diego and am in a similar boat! About 1 1/2 hours away from Davis and 7 from San Diego!

1 Like

Congratulations for the admissions! Unless you are driving to SD late at night, when most people in LA are :sleeping:. It would always take much longer than 7 hours to get to SD. However, as a undergrad student of UCSD, you can ride all the public transportation in SD for free(you paid for it in the student/campus fees already). So flying to SD and take public transportation to campus is probably more desirable if you need to come home for a weekend or during a break.

2 Likes

Congratulations to you too! Do keep us updated on your final decision! (Davis, San Diego, or somewhere else?) We have to do a bit of research… We know all about Davis (my son loves the campus), but seriously considering SD.

Thanks for the useful information! Will take it into consideration.

Congratulations to your son! My son got accepted for Computer Science at UC Davis. The UC San Diego decision still shows as pending.

3 Likes

Congratulations to your son, Davis is great, it is getting harder to get into Computer
Science nowadays.

1 Like

Thanks! What is your son’s profile in terms of GPA and whether from community college or UC or CSU or some other college?

He’s transferring from a CC, and has 4.0 GPA. Not too many extracurricular activities to put in his application, I’m glad it wasn’t required in the end.

1 Like

Got in davis, full ride!

1 Like

Congratulations!

Full ride meaning housing and tuition?

1 Like

Everyone should have received an email. Just in case you didn’t. Aggie Day for transfer students has been cancelled this weekend.

It’s just so heartbreaking what Davis is going through right now. :heart:

1 Like