UC Davis Fall 2023: Transfer Thread

It really is. It has been a very stressful week for the entire community. The student who passed away attended Davis High School and his father is a faculty member at UC Davis.

I saw that. It just feels so targeted to the community, even if it isn’t specifically. It’s just an awful tragedy. And there was also that weird near-miss with the elderly driver mixing up her car pedals and ramming through the bakery window, barely missing people. Just a hard, hard week!

That said, all the communication I’ve seen from the administration seems so strong and supportive. It speaks to how much that campus feels like a community and connected to the surrounding town.

1 Like

Did anyone receive Regents Scholarship yet? I applied back in Feb-March when asked.

Hey! Bit of a late update, but I decided to go with UCSD! Where did your son decide to go?

Same, congrats! It’s a good decision. We went to a new Triton family event in Sunnyvale last Saturday

Nice, congrats on the decision! Was considering going to Sunnyvale, but I had already attended the Triton Day event in May. Looking forward to moving in next month!

1 Like

I didn’t know there was an Triton event in May, maybe my son kept silent about it :slight_smile: Are you staying in university housing or outside? Son is waiting for transfer student housing to be assigned.

University housing, I applied for Pepper Canyon.