UC Davis Waitlist Discussion Class of 2024

@seperatelayer true, some people ik have uncommitted from ucd in favor of uscb
ucsb seems to be utilizing their waitlist the most this year, ik at least ten people instate who got off the waitlist

@fuzzstration yeah, i got off the ucsb waitlist in late april haha and then so many people from davis and even slo have since then been flocking over to the ucsb group…i wonder if there will be migration in the other direction once davis starts releasing results, or if i’d be in the minority that might take davis over ucsb :’)

@bex3109 i’m observing the same trends here too! hopefully it works out in our favor :slight_smile:

Wait guys if UC Davis were to give me an admission offer can I reject Santa Cruz SIR and SIR to Davis?

It says on Santa Cruz’s FAQ: “Yes, you can be on more than one waitlist, if the option is offered to you by multiple campuses. If you subsequently receive offers of admission, you may accept only one. If you accept an admission offer from a campus after you have accepted admission to another, you must cancel your acceptance to the first campus. The SIR deposit paid to the first campus will not be refunded or transferred to the second campus.”

I’m confused when they say “you may accept only one”. Does this mean I can no longer accept UC Davis admission offer if I get accepted off the waitlist? This would also be my second time rejecting an SIR (I rejected Purdue’s SIR for Santa Cruz)

@zoomtransfer123 nah, you’ll still be able to accept UC Davis’s offer if you get in. you’d just have to forfeit your spot at UCSC without a refund on the deposit, and pay a new SIR deposit to Davis

My son was admitted off the wait list. He has until 11:45pm on May 15th (Friday) to decide.

Computer Science and Engineering

UC Unweighted GPA: 3.86
UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.23
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.23
ELC (top 9%): My school does not rank

Comments about course load:
SAT 1300 (710 Math, 590 Critical Reading)
SAT Subject Tests: Chemistry 700, Math2 670
AP exams: Chemistry(4), AP Comp Sci Principles(5), currently enrolled in CalcBC, Physics, Comp Sci

State: In State
High school type: Public

Applied for need-based financial aid?: No
Pell grant eligible?: No
Maximum Pell grant (FAFSA EFC = $0)? No

Highest level of parent education: Masters
Living with both, one, or no parents?: Both

@honeybeedoors congrats to your son! was this just now? and did he check portal or was there an email update?

@bex3109 He checked his portal just now. No email (yet).

@honeybeedoors Congrats!

It seems like that was the first in-state wave @11:45. My friend got accepted off the waitlist to UC Davis as well. They released one wave at 11:45 AM last year and another at 4:45 PM. Hope I get in for round two lol!

no update on my status either lol. best of luck to us and congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

GUYS I JUST GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST AND IM IN STATE SO YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK!!

congrats!

I haven’t heard either. Congrats to everyone who got in. I really hope there’s another wave today.

congrats! what was your major?

My son just got off the waitlist for biomedical engineering. In state. Good luck to all !

congrats congrats to your son! sounds like they released the college of engineering first?

that’s what they did last year! Good luck to all!! (I’m shaking as a waitlisted l&s major)

My major was animal biology!

So does that mean all College of Engineering waitlist applicants are done ? I got waitlisted for Computer Science