UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

i called yesterday and the lady said she didnt know anything abt waitlist and even if she did know, she wouldnt be able to tell me :sob:

1 Like

Okay, I know some people called and the AO said that they will be doing ROLLING admissions and are waiting for the other UC waitlists. However, some other people have called and said that the AO have said all waitlist decisions will come out on ONE Day. They seem to be giving different responses, so I’m not sure the case. Either way, I hope it comes out soon.

2 Likes

Just reject me plsss I hate waiting

1 Like

If you’re shooting for CS or Data Science or other engineering majors, TAG is not guaranteed. See below from official UC website:

2 Likes

Yes you are correct. Not sure what major previous poster applied for as I did not see them list in recent comments. But a good option for other majors.

ucla also participates in TAP which is similar but not a guaranteed program (but still really high acceptance rate)

2 Likes

The admissions office seems to be kind of clueless about the waitlist. the guy i talked to was saying he thought people already got off and he just seemed kinda confused about the process lol. and then some people are saying they’re waiting and then another said it’ll all be one day. but also waitlists are typically rolling because they need to get people to respond to their offer before sending out more offers.

1 Like

another day of no decision :((

The thing that sucks for me even I do get off the waitlist is that I had 3.5 years of California education before moving, I’m 0.5 a year away from getting in-state tuition. Man being a military kid is tough.

My son got in for Data science just now…Instate

For real?

yes

can you send screenshoot proof we had to many cappers this past day cant have my emotions played with rn

do you have proof? there’s been a ton of fake messages the past couple days

SS pls

10 Likes

:sob: oh my

did your son got email for portal update?

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congrats!!

2 Likes