UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

do we know how many waitlist offers were given this year?

None yet that we know of

1 Like

has anyone gotten anything

Do you think there might be more waitlist admits since UCSD will open its new college, 8th college, this fall? Is it too hard to say at this point in time?

1 Like

Is the 8th college completely ready? Somehow I heard got delayed

1 Like

No, it’s not. There will be some housing finished, but not all. My daughter is a current student and received an email about it. They weren’t clear as to how many units would be finished.

Is UCSD over enrolled this year? So sad that haven’t heard anyone getting off wl

i’m hoping that they’re just following a similar timeline to last year, they didn’t start releasing last year until around this time. i’ve seen sooo many people get waitlisted though, it seems like everyone did lol i’m hoping that with movement off the waitlist from most of the other UC’s that their yield is going down a bit :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

My daughter’s friend just gor off the wailist for UC Berkely. Is UCSD already full to capacity? Has anyone had to wait til June for UCSD? That seems a bit extreme.

how does the waitlist process work - do they start by filling by major and review the applications again or

The schools wait to see which areas have spots open based on the SIR’s and then admit to fill the spots. They will use the original UC application to determine whom they admit.

3 Likes

will the policy regarding replacing out of state spots with 900 instate spots affect the waitlist admissions in any way? has that policy even been in effect this admissions cycle?

2 Likes

Is there alleged waitlist movement today?

1 Like

Waiting

2 Likes

Last year on May 9th they released the first wave of waitlist admits, hopefully they do the same thing this year

1 Like

does anyone know what time last year

Im unsure of what time it happened last year, but generally the UC’s send stuff out in the late afternoon/early evening, usually sometime around 4-6 pm PST

1 Like

Last year was in the morning :worried:

1 Like

well davis just released waitlist like an hour ago so lets see

2 Likes

Santa Barbara just released a new batch off the waitlist.

1 Like