*UCB Freshman Class of 2025 Waitlist and Appeal discussion*

No one will know until next year…

ahh ok thanks

hopefully in a few days i’ll post here if i know

will we find out how many students enrolled to Berkeley after May 1st?

No, there r two waves on About 7th and 17th

I meant those who got accepted on March 25th.

Dang I’m blind. I think not until summer.

I think that if u opt in to FPF on the waitlist u can still get into the regular pathway, it just depends on how much space they have available. Does anyone know why they extended the waitlist due date??

if the first wave of waitlist decisions come out on may 7th does anyone know about what time

I can’t think of any logical reason for extending the waitlist due date other than they are expecting to offer admission to a large number of waitlist candidates, and they want to make sure they have a large enough candidate pool.

Does anyone else have a theory that makes more sense?

1 Like

One of my friends got off the waitlist 3 days after submitting the letter. She applied for the College of chemistry, anyone knows the reason why?

Was that before May 1st? and what year

yes just a few days ago

so luckyy - do you think they will release some this week?

i have no idea!! still waiting :frowning:

People got their offer rescinded because they are required to take all the AP tests in senior year according to the conditions of admission. In most cases, it’s fine if you email the admission and let them know that you will not be taking them. However, you’ll get in trouble if they find it out themselves(through counselor or whatever) since they’ll think that you are lying on the application and hiding it.

has cal ever released wl decisions before may 1? or is college of chem regular for this

I have a question regarding the waitlist, I am applying for the college of engineering in Engineering Physics, but how can I tell the admissions to also consider me for mechanical or other engineering majors?

You can’t. Berkeley doesn’t consider second choice major.

1 Like

UCB does not consider alternate majors for applicants waitlisted or regular admission.

1 Like